Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-21-2016, 11:51 AM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Pick which format downloads using content server

I used content server to add all my books to CC. But it keeps wanting to default to epub. I unchecked epub format in settings, but it didn't make a difference. I prefer AZW3, because then I can use the kindle app to read the books. But I always get the books in epub, and convert.

1. Is there a way, either in CC or Calibre, to control what format downloads with content server? I am transferring a lot of books, so I want to do it once. I started fresh, redownloading, and as long as epub is unchecked, I am good.

2. Is there a way to choose which format CC opens? My book opened in epub, but it shows both formats. Just tapping on the AZW3 doesn't do anything.

3. Is there a way to delete one format in CC? I have epub, AZW3, mobi and PDF. I would like to delete epub.

4. Is there a way to block the tag 0read0?

Thanks for all your help.

Debra

Last edited by Sydney's Mom; 09-21-2016 at 01:22 PM.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:07 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I used content server to add all my books to CC. But it keeps wanting to default to epub. I unchecked epub format in settings, but it didn't make a difference. I prefer AZW3, because then I can use the kindle app to read the books. But I always get the books in epub, and convert.
CC will choose the format that is highest in CC's Formats and Folders list. At least, that is what happens for me.

If you uncheck epub in CC's formats and folders setting then CC will never download an epub from any source.
Quote:
1. Is there a way, either in CC or Calibre, to control what format downloads with content server? I am transferring a lot of books, so I want to do it once. I started fresh, redownloading, and as long as epub is unchecked, I am good.
See above. Note that in the content server book details you can explicitly choose which format to download by tapping on the Download menu item.
Quote:
2. Is there a way to choose which format CC opens? My book opened in epub, but it shows both formats. Just tapping on the AZW3 doesn't do anything.
When not connected to the content server, CC opens a book that is already in CC's library. If you download 2 formats of a book then there are two books in CC's library. The book that opens is the one you are "looking" at.

If you are opening the book from the content server book details then CC will open the highest priority format it has. If you have both epub and azw3 formats on the device, and if epub is higher in CC's list than azw3, then CC will open the epub.
Quote:
3. Is there a way to delete one format in CC? I have epub, AZW3, mobi and PDF. I would like to delete epub.
Because each format is a separate book in CC you can delete them separately. Open book details on the format you want to delete and delete it there.

Note that you can add "Formats" to the grouping drawer, greatly simplifying the process of finding formats you don't want on the device.
Quote:
4. Is there a way to block the tag 0read0?
No.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2016, 03:14 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Thanks! I followed your advice, and am downloading all of my books. I have so far downloaded a little over 1000 and I still am at 7 seconds.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote