Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
KenJackson
Addict
KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Sony PRS-650
Right Brane has it right

The eBook is an explosive technology.

I just noticed Steven Lyle Jordan's signature link to one of his books at Right Brane ePublications. This company is an illustration of the concept I was groping toward in a thread where I discussed the effect of eBooks on book sales.

Their ebooks are sold in multiple formats with no DRM, and are inexpensive at $2.99. I sure hope that's cheap enough to encourage people who might otherwise steal them to just buy them. If they do, Right Brane will prosper. And that will cause other publishers and book sites to notice and follow their lead. And we will all benefit from the reduced use of wrongful DRM!

I just bought Verdant Skies partially on impulse to support the concept and partially because it looks like a good novel. Although I have a fairly long queue of ebooks lined up to read, so I may not even get to it for a while.

One minor complaint is the lack of reviews. But fortunately, they have links to Amazon and other sites, so people can read about it on Amazon and buy it at Right Brane. That's OK with me, but I wonder if it will be a lasting relationship.
KenJackson is offline   Reply With Quote