Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 12:59 AM   #1
meangene01
meangene01 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
New author, 99 cent book

Hello Everyone,
I am a new author and I'm trying out my first book on the Kindle. I have 5 other fiction and non-fiction books I am working on concurrently but I wanted to get this one out on the streets and get some thoughts on my
writing style before I finish my current works. This isn't a category that fits everyone's taste but for 99 cents (aka lowest possible price) I thought some of you might be willing to give it a read. I had bites from a couple of agents but decided the traditional publishing market wasn't for me and decided to take the ebook route instead. So if any of you have a few hours to spare and would like to read a 90 page ebook then I would love to hear your comments. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002CJM6CW

Gene Lloyd
Author - The Journey
meangene01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:09 AM   #2
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Hi Meangeneo1 & welcome to Mobilread.

Why restrict your work to just Kindle owners? There are many more members here with other readers. & plenty of ways to distribute your work.

You will certainly get the feedback you seek from this site.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 05:50 AM   #3
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-16-2010 at 03:46 AM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #4
meangene01

I didn't realize Amazon held back the description for a few days. Here's the description that should be on Amazon as well as a chunk of the preface. There's a little redundancy between the two:

Description:

In The Journey, Gene Lloyd takes the reader on an exciting trip through the mind of God and openly reveals what God thinks of humanity. A revealing look at God's desires for the human race, his passion to help us through life's challenges, his personality as both God and friend, and his unending love for his creation. Who is God? What does he think about me? More importantly, does he think about me? The Journey answers these questions and many more through a creative description of the attributes of the creator and the power he wields. Take a walk through these pages and you will find that life is a Journey best traveled with a friend who can help you along the way.

Preface:

The journey through life is sometimes a mystery as we travel through different stages trying to figure out our purpose for being on this planet. Some view life as nothing more than a cosmic accident while others approach it from the perspective that we were placed here through some sort of intelligent design. As more time passes society as a whole slowly leers away from a belief system in God as they embrace the viewpoints of the boisterous minority within the scientific community. Some scientists have clearly declared that God does not exist and while this is not a theory accepted by all scientists, many in society have whole heartedly adopted this as scientific fact and as a belief of their own. And so we constantly find ourselves asking questions about the existence of God. Is he real? If God does exist, what does he stand for? What does he care about the most? What does he think about me? More importantly, does he think about me? Does he care about humanity? Does science disprove the existence of God or does God disapprove of the belief of scientists? Occasionally the need to understand necessitates the need to go back to the beginning. Sometimes we need to go back to the point where it all started and examine the things that matter most What if an idea surfaces that causes us to rethink our beliefs and quite possibly restructure our lives? Is there such an idea? As you read through the following pages consider for just a moment the possibility that he does exist and imagine for a moment what life would be like without him. Let’s start at the very beginning.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
meangene01

I have firefox locked down pretty tight as well!
I do want to e-publish in other arenas but I haven't done a lot of research yet. I see that Sony's Reader is going to allow self publishing soon so I'll keep an eye out for that. I also know there are tons of e-reading apps for computers and mobile devices but I guess I should look into the formats they use. Do you have any specific suggestions for the more popular devices/apps?

Gene

Last edited by meangene01; 06-10-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Advert