Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM   #1
xanrot
xanrot began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
Question ancient kobo refurb wont show some books? help!

Hi!

I recently bought and "refurbished" an old Kobo Wifi N647. DIYed some replacement buttons, put in a new microSD with a new disk image and was able to get some books onto it. It's been mostly working great, and I've really been enjoying reading on it. The issue I'm having is that some books I've tried to add just don't show up. I've tried using Calibre to load the books instead of drag-and-dropping, but there are still books that just wont appear in my library. The (many) affected files are .epub, they open fine on my computer, they just don't appear on my Kobo. I'd really love to have access to my entire library instead of just the seemingly random selection of titles my device decides to let me use.

I know I am working with a very wonky relic here and issues are to be expected, but I'm not currently in a financial place to upgrade and I love to solve a problem... so I'm wondering/hoping maybe someone here can give me some direction or clarity as to whats going on and whether there's anything I can try to do about it.

Thanks!
xanrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:47 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanrot View Post
I know I am working with a very wonky relic here and issues are to be expected, but I'm not currently in a financial place to upgrade and I love to solve a problem... so I'm wondering/hoping maybe someone here can give me some direction or clarity as to whats going on and whether there's anything I can try to do about it.
I just ran into this problem a couple weeks ago and I'm embarrassed to admit I can't remember exactly what I did to fix it, but I think all it took was a reset under Settings -> Advanced.

You will regain the books that came with the Kobo Wireless but I think you'll have to reload any books you've added.

(But you might want to wait for someone more knowledgeable on this subject to confirm this "fix." Or have a better solution, or a reason not to do this.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
epub errors, kobo, kobo n647, refurbished, tech help