Battlestar began at the beginning.

Device: None
Kindle 3 HELP! I'm stumped

I can use your help.

Got a Kindle 3 that stopped working. Here are the particulars

**stuck on this screen, even with battery removed

**battery status unchanged whether plugged in or not, battery in or not

**bought and installed new battery, no change

**tried every sort of reset, hold button for 20 seconds, 45 seconds, hit home button, hit R key, etc. no change

**tried several different charger cords, no change

**tried charging overnight, etc. the orange light comes on, stay solid for awhile. After some point it goes out. Never any green light. Same result whether new battery is in or no battery at all.

Basically everything I've tried gives no change, no result.

Any ideas? Thank you all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8498.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	163116   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8499.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	163117  
Battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:12 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
My Kindle Keyboard behaves like this at times. I find it is picky about the charging cable, and seems to like a little more watts than the charger that came with it provides (or that a computer USB port might provide).

You might also try some DeOxit to clean off the USB port contacts (I should try this myself, but having found a magic USB charger+cable I have not felt the need). Even a little bit of lint or crud can cause issues.

The battery still holds a charge pretty normally on mine, but it has not had many charge cycles overall as it sits around most of the time.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2018, 11:11 AM   #3
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I think part of the problem is amazon no longer supports those old devices. You should just upgrade to a newer model
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:53 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Contact Customer Service then Ask to speak to a Tech.... Amazon may not make them any more BUT the Do sell a Lot of them as Refurbished.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:20 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
You might try this page ...

http://www.nickengerer.org/personal-...eyboard-d00901

There are a set of reset points inside the Kindle (not available from the outside). Apparently you can short these with a small screwdriver. I'm not sure if this will fix it, but it might be worth a try.

(Picture from the article attached.)

If nothing works, you can usually find a Kindle Keyboard (in decent shape) for about $20 (including shipping) at shopgoodwill.com.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle+keyboard+reset+d00901.png
Views:	171
Size:	909.6 KB
ID:	163346  
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert