Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 11-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
xaim
xaim began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
sync Marvin with android e-readers

I want to synchronize reading progress with Marvin and any program for reading on android by wi-fi. Do you know how to do it?
or wich programms are able to sync with ios and android?
xaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Marvin's reading location info is stored in Dropbox with an easy-to-understand XML format. Any app that is able to read files from Dropbox should be able to read and handle them (note: I'm modifying the format to improve location sync accuracy soon).

More info here: http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/61407972806
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2013, 05:26 AM   #3
ldrover
Connoisseur
ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Marvin's reading location info is stored in Dropbox with an easy-to-understand XML format. Any app that is able to read files from Dropbox should be able to read and handle them (note: I'm modifying the format to improve location sync accuracy soon).

Is it just me or is the location sync far less accurate using the universal version? Most of the time it is not even close anymore.
ldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@ldrover - Location sync hasn't changed at all in the transition to Universal. However, I'm aware of it's accuracy issues and I'm working on them.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #5
xaim
xaim began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post

I'm really sorry, but I understand, that iPhone is easier to buy than to find a program for android that reads XML files from Marvin's reading location. I did my best, but I failed. Would you say me some names of these programms? (xaim@mail.ru in case to avoid of anti advertising)
xaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert