Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
jpt
Enthusiast
jpt began at the beginning.

Device: OLPC; Nokia 770; White EZ Reader Pocket Pro; Bookeen Cybook Odyssey
Just ordered Pocket Pro!

Hey--
I ordered a white Pocket Pro -- the black ones were out of stock -- earlier today. It'll be my first dedicated ebook reader. (Right now, I use a Nokia 770 and an OLPC).

Scheduled to get here next Wednesday, but that's assuming it really shipped today, and I'm not sure how that works...

-- J.P.
jpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
GA Russell
Opening Day June 6
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Is that the second time they've been sold out of the black ones already?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 04:12 AM   #3
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpt View Post
Hey--
I ordered a white Pocket Pro -- the black ones were out of stock -- earlier today. It'll be my first dedicated ebook reader. (Right now, I use a Nokia 770 and an OLPC).

Scheduled to get here next Wednesday, but that's assuming it really shipped today, and I'm not sure how that works...

-- J.P.
I just did the same. Black, as you say, was out of stock. Luckily I prefer white on a computer device - so, like you, I chose white.

Mine will take a little longer as I am not in the US. Can't wait !!
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:33 AM   #4
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
I just returned my black Astak Pocket Pro. It was the last black one on the 13th when I originally ordered. Will they send it out as refurbished, or will they use it to replace ones that are broken? Just wondering.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:49 AM   #5
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Hey--
Congratulations on ordering your new Pocket Pro, Jpt!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 04:55 AM   #6
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Is that the second time they've been sold out of the black ones already?
Yes, it is at least the second time that the black ones have been sold out!
I have a black one myself.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
jpt
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Congratulations on ordering your new Pocket Pro, Jpt!
Thanks. It's already pretty close -- already got across the country just today; it's a few states away.

*scampers around in circles, giggling*

... Ahem. Sorry... got a bit squirrelly there...

-- J.P.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:01 PM   #8
bbqncigars
PDA dino
bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, Rooted NC, Voyages(2)
J.P.: where did you order yours from? Just wondering, as I just ordered one from the EZreader site. Now to get a spare battery, and I'll be set.
bbqncigars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:48 PM   #9
jpt
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqncigars View Post
J.P.: where did you order yours from? Just wondering, as I just ordered one from the EZreader site. Now to get a spare battery, and I'll be set.
I got it from the EZ Reader site as well.

-- J.P.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:14 PM   #10
bbqncigars
PDA dino
bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, Rooted NC, Voyages(2)
Thanks. The batteries show as not available when you try to buy them, btw.
bbqncigars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #11
jpt
Enthusiast

It's waiting for me at the campus mail center. I'm going to pick it up between classes.

YAY!

-- J.P.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:17 PM   #12
jpt
Enthusiast

Hey--
I have it. It's awesome. I'm downloading the latest firmware. I'm definitely going to have to do some converting -- namely, I want everything in my favorite font, and I can't do that with .rtf files. Haven't tried any .html files yet.

-- J.P.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #13
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Make sure to full charge it before trying to do a firmware update

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:03 PM   #14
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
We do not send out refurbished devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvshihtzu View Post
I just returned my black Astak Pocket Pro. It was the last black one on the 13th when I originally ordered. Will they send it out as refurbished, or will they use it to replace ones that are broken? Just wondering.

Dear luvshihtzu:

We do not sell refurbished units. If it is broken we will return it to the factory. If it is not broken we will use it as a display model at CES and other trade shows.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #15
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
It's awesome!!

Quote:
Hey--
I have it. It's awesome. I'm downloading the latest firmware. I'm definitely going to have to do some converting -- namely, I want everything in my favorite font, and I can't do that with .rtf files. Haven't tried any .html files yet.

-- J.P.
Dear jpt:

Good for you!! The Pocket PRO is a great first dedicated eBook Reader. It has far more formats than any other device, displays beautifully, and has Adobe Digital Editions with pdf reflow. The 8 level grey scale also does a great job on displaying illustrations. Try the MP3!! This has a great stereo sound system and takes a standard headphone jack.

Yes, do charge it fully before use. IF you are going to have any problems with a new eBook Reader most of it will be traced to low charge. Always remember that the battery charge gauge is just a general guide. They are not super-accurate. I recharge whenever it gets down a little below halfway.

DO go to the website: www.theEZreader.com and check the FAQ sheet. That is updated often and it is filled with helpful tips and ideas.

I do work for Astak and I welcome you to this forum and to being a Pocket PRO partner!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote