Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
Claire94
I should be painting
Claire94 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Claire94 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Claire94 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Claire94 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony 500, Blue 505, 700
Hello from Virginia

Dear Readers,

Just thought I’d “finally” stop by the intro page, tiring of the nag after almost a month of lurking…. This is a great site with invaluable information and a friendly and helpful community. I just received my new Sony 700 and can’t keep my hands off of it. I also adore our 505, which is rarely on a flat surface, residing instead in the hands of my husband, who is also an avid reader. My 500 lives in my handbag to be used while waiting in lines, for appointments or for meetings to END.

I want to give a quick thanks to cassidym for your quick response and most excellent advice. I’m up and running with the FFX library and am considering a NYPL card. I lived there at one time and now dearly regret that I didn’t keep my card active.

I am a painter, an early adopter, an avid reader and a recovering attorney, not necessarily in that order. As a child I longed for a career that would allow me to read all day long. I came close when I became an attorney, but no one told me how boring all “that” reading would be! So, now I am a recovering attorney who is woefully late on two painting commissions because I read too much!! Oh dear, I guess I’ll just pour a cup of Constant Comment from GenJen’s virtual pot and relax, read and forget deadlines.

Ciao!
Claire94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Claire94 and welcome to MobileRead. You can also join the DC Library which has eBooks as well
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire94 View Post

I am a painter, an early adopter, an avid reader and a recovering attorney, not necessarily in that order. As a child I longed for a career that would allow me to read all day long. I came close when I became an attorney, but no one told me how boring all “that” reading would be! So, now I am a recovering attorney who is woefully late on two painting commissions because I read too much!! Oh dear, I guess I’ll just pour a cup of Constant Comment from GenJen’s virtual pot and relax, read and forget deadlines.

Ciao!
Welcome Claire. I'm glad you're recovering. (My father started life as a lawyer so I know a little of your reading material. Whenever you weaken, you can call me to be your anchor - any time.)
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote