Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
pcmedic
Enthusiast
pcmedic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Smile Hello from Nebraska

Hi, guys. Great forum. I just found you guys last week. I am an avid reader, with my nose always stuck in a book(usually westerns).

I have been intrigued by eBooks for a while, but never took the plunge, as I wasn't sure how I would like an electronic book. Well, last night I took the plunge and ordered a Sony 505 in red. When I looked at all my options, it seemed like the best fit for me. I ordered a 2GB SD card for it too. I should have it in the next week. I just wanted to say hello.

David S.
pcmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello David, you will love the 505
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
hello pcmedic, and welcome to MobileRead.

While you are waiting, please haunt the threads for lots of information and "how to's" about your new red reader.

Ask questions.......someone will respond.

And by all means, check out all the books available here already formatted for your Sony.

Look to the top of the page for the Wiki tab to start learning.

Enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
+1!

505 is a great device which will keep you hooked up for hours!

In combination with a computer and this site you'll have more then just the Sony books to select from!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
pcmedic
Enthusiast
pcmedic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Thanks for the friendly welcome. The 505 was my motivation and reward for quitting smoking.

David S.
pcmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi David and welcome to the Forum. Congrats on the Sony and quitting smoking. You will not regret either move.

I got a 505 in Jan 08 and really like it. I expect you will too.

Now to the Dark Side: If you think smoking was addictive wait till you get your reader. And, if that wasn't enough, this damn Forum is equally addictive
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmedic View Post
Thanks for the friendly welcome. The 505 was my motivation and reward for quitting smoking.

David S.
Welcome!

Congrats on both... Both actions will improve your quality of life. That latter much more of course, but ebook readers are a great item to have.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:13 PM   #8
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Yes, they're cool;
The whole world should buy them!
That way I can buy a plastic Logics reader much faster or so...
One reader for every eye.

No, but serious,
congradulations on your effort on quitting smoking!
I hope the reader will help you be distracted in those moments.. you know which ones...
smoked myself.. 3 years.. not much, but enough.

I'm glad I got rid of it!
Should 've done that way sooner.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote