Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Easy way to list "Not Read" books.

Hi Guys,

Is there an easy way to find the books I haven't read on my Kobo Touch please?

Thanks,

Steve
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:59 AM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Does the library view have "Show: All" at the top left?

On the Glo and other frontlit devices you can tap the "Show:" to get a menu of four options: All, Reading, Unread, Finished. Selecting Unread will show only your unread books.

The Mini doesn't have this option though, I don't know about the Touch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	show380.png
Views:	214
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	129162  

Last edited by GeoffR; 10-02-2014 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Added screenshot
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2014, 03:19 AM   #3
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I've got

Recently Read
Title
Author
File Size
File Type
Old 10-02-2014, 04:36 AM   #4
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
it should be to the left of that, I had no idea it was there but I went looking and see it, will make searching so much easier, thanks GeoffR for teaching it and Chocky for asking about it
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:00 AM   #5
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
If you long press the cover of the book you get a options menu (at least on the Kobo Aura HD) there you can mark the book as unread and also organize collections.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2014, 09:37 AM   #6
Chocky
Addict

Nope, haven't got that screen

I'm on 3.3.0

Just seen that there is a new release, so I have updated Kobo Desktop, and it said it was upgrading the touch, which it is still doing.........

Now at 3.8.0 but it's still the same library view, rats

Well, it's not quite the same, it now states "recent" instead of "recently read" so at least it's listing the newer books first, still not what I need though as there are books I added ages ago that I have not read, and unless I can remember them I have to search through 93 items.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	129212  

Last edited by Chocky; 10-03-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
Nope, haven't got that screen
I suspect you need at least the Glo/Aura's screen resolution to get that screen.

Quote:
Well, it's not quite the same, it now states "recent" instead of "recently read" so at least it's listing the newer books first, still not what I need though as there are books I added ages ago that I have not read, and unless I can remember them I have to search through 93 items.
As a workaround, you could move the library slider all the way to the right and then step back from there to go from older to newest when you are using the recent view.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #8
Chocky
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I suspect you need at least the Glo/Aura's screen resolution to get that screen.

As a workaround, you could move the library slider all the way to the right and then step back from there to go from older to newest when you are using the recent view.
Another way to solve it would be to buy the Aura HD H20
Old 10-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Another way to solve it would be to buy the Aura HD H20
Well, yes. Mine is still in transit.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #10
Chocky
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Does the library view have "Show: All" at the top left?

On the Glo and other frontlit devices you can tap the "Show:" to get a menu of four options: All, Reading, Unread, Finished. Selecting Unread will show only your unread books.

The Mini doesn't have this option though, I don't know about the Touch.
What Kobo ereader is tha that screen shot from please?
Old 10-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #11
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
That screenshot is from a Kobo Glo. Not sure how different that page will look on other Kobo readers with the same firmware though.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:09 PM   #12
Chocky
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
That screenshot is from a Kobo Glo. Not sure how different that page will look on other Kobo readers with the same firmware though.
Thank you for that, it's just that Kobo support are insisting that no Kobo e-Reader is capable of displaying a list of unread books.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #13
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
While yes, all devices do run the same f/w, there are different features activated in them. I've seen these differences between Glo, Touch and Mini during the various beta builds.

One day I should try to document the differences between those builds.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #14
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Aura looks identical to Glo, HD and H2O add an extra book per screen in List view. The Show and Sort options are the same on all 4.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:25 AM   #15
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Quote:
What Kobo ereader is tha that screen shot from please?
I have that option in my Kobo Aura HD, but not in my Kobo Mini. Maybe it isn't available either in the Kobo Touch.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote