Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-12-2022, 11:58 AM   #1
Lisa1
Lisa1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Trouble sending ebooks to Kindle

Hello!

I'm new to this forum. I've been using Calibre to send ebooks to my Kindle PaperWhite for quite some time (I love Calibre). However, this service doesn't seem to work anymore. I keep getting error messages like the following one. Does anyone have a solution to offer?

Starting job: Email "Don't You Know Who I Am?" to author_123@free.kindle.com

Sending failed...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\email.py", line 48, in run
File "calibre\gui2\email.py", line 137, in sendmail
File "calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 162, in sendmail
File "calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 142, in sendmail_direct
OSError: Failed to send mail: TimeoutError(10060, 'A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond', None, 10060, None)

Retrying in 1 seconds...

Waiting 1 seconds before sending, to avoid being marked as spam.
You can control this delay via Preferences->Tweaks

Sending failed...

OSError: Failed to send mail: TimeoutError(10060, 'A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond', None, 10060, None)

Job: "Email "Don't You Know Who I Am?" to author_123@free.kindle.com" failed with error:
File "calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 82, in start_work
File "calibre\gui2\email.py", line 105, in __call__

Called with args: ('C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_h 5oesqab\\j7yo434jcaltmpfmt.mobi', '"Don\'t You Know Who I Am?" - Ramani Durvasula.mobi', 'author_123@free.kindle.com', 'E-book: "Don\'t You Know Who I Am?"', 'Attached, you will find the e-book\n\n"Don\'t You Know Who I Am?"\n\tby Ramani Durvasula\n\nin the MOBI format.') {'notifications': <queue.Queue object at 0x000002C70005E5E0>, 'abort': <threading.Event object at 0x000002C70005E820>, 'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x000002C70005E970>}
Lisa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 03:03 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
What email provider are you sending the email through?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2022, 12:05 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to setup an email relay as described in the FAQ https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote