Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-13-2003, 02:59 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Protect yourself from W32.Blaster.Worm

As you've probably all heard in the news, W32.Blaster.Worm is a worm that exploits the DCOM RPC vulnerability (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026) using TCP port 135. This worm attempts to download and run the Msblast.exe file.

Block access to TCP port 4444 at the firewall level, and then block the following ports, if they do not use the applications listed:

TCP Port 135, "DCOM RPC"
UDP Port 69, "TFTP"

The worm also attempts to perform a Denial of Service (DoS) on Windows Update. This is an attempt to prevent you from applying a patch on your computer against the DCOM RPC vulnerability.

To scan your system and, if necessary, to remove the worm, download and run Symantec's removal tool.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 08:16 AM   #2
Hammer
Hammer began at the beginning.

Device: TT
i got this mugger while i was downloading the patch. however the fixblaster is easily available and removed it. no real dramas!
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert