Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
JReader
JReader began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
Error 2027 when Auth PC/Reader

After the Sony library update I was getting an error 2027 when authorizing, tried a lot of troubleshooring chat support gave me w/o success, finally i figure it out by doing this:

Close Reader Library
Download Adobe Digital Edition ( if it ask you to enter adobe id, enter the same as the reader library, email and password, if it says invalid or that does not exist, create one on adobe.com for free using the same email and password as the reader store)
Reopen Reader Library

it will work, magically!!!
JReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
redgreen
redgreen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-%05
Just spent 2.5 hours figuring on this out with a Mac. Sony customer support was TOTALLY worthless. Finally figured out my PRS-505 firmware was not up to date. This is a problem because there is no indication of a firmware update on the Mac support page since you cannot update the firmware using a Mac. Out of desperation I checked the Windows updates and there it was - the firmware update that was needed to make this work. I took a chance and updated it on Windows 7 using Parallels and it FINALLY WORKS.

Days like this I wonder why the hell I gave up paper books. Here hoping that Apple can make a decent tablet so Mac users are not 2nd class citizens in the eBook world. Unh. What a way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
redgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Even if Apple makes a Tablet, the tools will still mostly be for Windows.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:49 AM   #4
taurian
taurian began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JReader View Post
After the Sony library update I was getting an error 2027 when authorizing, tried a lot of troubleshooring chat support gave me w/o success, finally i figure it out by doing this:

Close Reader Library
Download Adobe Digital Edition ( if it ask you to enter adobe id, enter the same as the reader library, email and password, if it says invalid or that does not exist, create one on adobe.com for free using the same email and password as the reader store)
Reopen Reader Library

it will work, magically!!!
Lucky thing I found your tip. I was encountering the same error when I setup my new computer and was at a lost what to do. Thank you.
taurian is offline   Reply With Quote