Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-17-2017, 06:39 AM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Calibre and collection help

I normaly don't use collections, but I do have one. I do use Calibre, but don't create any collections on the device through Calibre.

I have a lot of series in Calibre. Out of all these series, there are three in particular that I would like to combine into one collection on my Kobo HD.

The three series are "Nebula", "Hugo", "Clarke". I would like to combine the three series into one collection called "Award Winners".

Can it be done?

Thank you.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:46 AM   #2
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
If I understand you correctly it can very easily be done.

In Calibre, view your books the way you can see the series (hide cover grid).
Mark all books/series you want added to the collection.
Right click while over one of them, choose Edit metadata -> Edit metadata in bulk
Custom metadata->My Shelves: Write "Award Winners".
Ok.

This assumes you have set up Calibre to handle collections and use the name "My shelves" (it can be anything you like of course).
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2017, 08:45 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't use My Shelves. Use the existing columns of Tags and Series. All you do is make the database larger for no good reason. Tags works perfectly for Award Winners.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-17-2017 at 08:50 AM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:22 AM   #4
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Probably davidfor have a better solution, mine is.

Make a Temple Functions:

Function: my_series
Arg count: 1

Code:
def evaluate(self, formatter, kwargs, mi, locals, r):
	if r=='Nebula' or r=='Hugo' or r=='Clarke':
		x = 'Award Winners'
	else:
		x = ''
	return x

Make custom column:

Lookup: name
Column heading: Name
Column type: Column build from other columns
Template: {series:my_series()}

Add the new column to the driver "#name"

Last edited by oren64; 03-17-2017 at 09:33 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:07 AM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thank you everyone for the help. It was easier than I thought it was going to be.

John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2017, 10:13 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@oren64: I was thinking of doing it in the template. So something like:

Code:
program:
	test(
		or(
			strcmp(field('series'), 'Nebula', '', 'Y', ''),
			strcmp(field('series'), 'Hugo', '', 'Y', ''),
			strcmp(field('series'), 'Clarke', '', 'Y', ''),
			),
	'Award Winners',
	'')
But yours is easier to read. And if easier to extend to add another award or set of awards.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote