Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #1
turtle7761
turtle7761 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can you reverse engineer an epub and TOC issues

First a quick explanation, I had painstakingly set up my structure detection and my TOC xpath expressions for level and then of course one morning I had the blue screen of death. I luckily had all my library saved on my tablet with Calibre Companion so that was saved. Now I'm trying to convert some .odt files to .epub and I can't remember what I had set so would like to know if there is any way to find any of the aforementioned information in a previously converted .epub? If not what I need is help with my TOC, what I would like is

Series
Book 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Book 2
Chapter 1

But what I get is
Series
Book 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Book 2
Chapter 1

Or I get Series which I then have to expand to see Book 1 and Book 2 and I have to expand those to see the individual chapters.

I know this is something simple, a box checked or unchecked wrong or just something wrong in the Chapter lever xpath but at this point my brain is screaming "ERROR" and making me crazy. If anyone has any ideas I would love to try them.
turtle7761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:05 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't think calibre companion saves conversion settings for individual books, besides you probably used the conversion settings you had in preferences for most books.

Why did a BSOD cause you the loss of your library? Have you re formatted the drive it was on or something?

If you have a system backup, you might be able to recover the preferences from your old 'home' directory, what version of Windows are you using?

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-07-2017 at 07:08 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2017, 08:56 PM   #3
turtle7761
turtle7761 began at the beginning.

Dead

In this case it was an actual blue screen of death. It was impossible to recover anything from it, I had some things backed up but I just never thought of Calibre. I now have a new computer AND a new external hard drive with everything backed up. I didn't really think I could reverse engineer an epub but it would have made my life easier.
turtle7761 is offline   Reply With Quote