Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
Nietzsche
Philosopher
Nietzsche began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thumbs up Newb from San Diego

Hello!

I've always been a firm believer in reading physical books. But starting today, I've converted myself into an e-reader. I like to read multiple books at once, and I finally got tired of carrying 3-4 books everywhere. I chose the Kobo Touch because I like its size and it was cheap enough for a recent college grad. I have to thank my humanities professor for getting me into reading and for introducing me to Nietzsche's work. I hope to read and share my thoughts with this new found community. I'm a complete newb to e-reading so any tips and tricks would be much appreciated.

Best,
Nietzsche
Nietzsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2012, 02:51 AM   #3
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Nietzsche is one of the most enjoyable of all philosophers to read. It's not for nothing that he's been called by a wit the "King of the One-Liners."

Welcome to MobileRead, Nietzsche!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzsche View Post
...I have to thank my humanities professor for getting me into reading and for introducing me to Nietzsche's work....
Good news, Nietzsche: Amazon has that wonderful Penguin edition of Walter Kaufman's translation of many of Nietzsche's most influential works, The Portable Nietzsche. (I don't know why Inkmesh doesn't have a listing on it.)

Better News (for you): An ePub version is available in the Kobo eBooks store!

It's one of my favorite collections of writings.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 02-28-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Inkmesh DOES list the book. See post #7.
Advert
Old 02-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
dailyllama
dailyllama began at the beginning.

Device: ACER laptop pc
Welcome fellow Newb!
dailyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #7
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

My mistake on Inkmesh. They list several sites that carry The Portable Nietzsche.