Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Display stand for reading kindle

This looks ideal for a way to not to have to hold your kindle but yet have it at an easy to read angle when on the go. Not expensive, but yet looks to be well constructed and easily portable.
http://www.amazon.com/Gibson-Holders...270931&sr=1-23
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ good tip for those interested! Funny, I just bought nearly the exact same kinda low tech thing for my brother and his iPad for like 3USD here in HK.

lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 12:39 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
^ good tip for those interested! Funny, I just bought nearly the exact same kinda low tech thing for my brother and his iPad for like 3USD here in HK.

Has he received it yet lestatar? If so how is it holding up for him? I bought one this evening based on what the page says about its rugged construction, but it's always good to hear from someone who has used a given item as to how well it performs. I remember my paternal grandmother having some wooden stands for pictures when I was a kid and thought I'd look round at Amazon for something similar which is how I found this one. Low tech it may be but as long as it works I don't mind.

Last edited by crich70; 07-10-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:02 AM   #4
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Yeah, he got it and is using it on his balcony with his iPad and may start using it at the dining table when eating alone and mucking with the iPad.

I bought it in a market in Stanley - it was actually being sold by the vendor as an iPad accessory stand, but closer inspection revealed it to be pretty much a typical dish/plate stand. The one I got him is red and the rubber is standard semi-soft surrounding the metal frame, pretty much what you would expect for something like this. No sharp edges anywhere so scratches are low probability.

It works quite nicely and is pretty stable on flat surfaces, which I think is the most important thing - he likes it so its all good

'Course I told him it was really expensive...lol

Last edited by lestatar; 07-10-2011 at 01:06 AM.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:41 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
Yeah, he got it and is using it on his balcony with his iPad and may start using it at the dining table when eating alone and mucking with the iPad.

I bought it in a market in Stanley - it was actually being sold by the vendor as an iPad accessory stand, but closer inspection revealed it to be pretty much a typical dish/plate stand. The one I got him is red and the rubber is standard semi-soft surrounding the metal frame, pretty much what you would expect for something like this. No sharp edges anywhere so scratches are low probability.

It works quite nicely and is pretty stable on flat surfaces, which I think is the most important thing - he likes it so its all good

'Course I told him it was really expensive...lol
True as long as it works right and doesn't damage the ereader that's what counts. That it is inexpensive is a definite plus of course. Why spend $30-40 dollars on something that may or may not work when there is something cheaply priced that is tested by many years of service. What I like is it looks (in the picture) to be wide enough at the base for me to not have to remove the case in order to use it easily. And of course it folds up so it should be easy to carry when not in use too.
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
Kenneth_irl
Addict
Kenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle 3 + Paperwhite 7th gen
I like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/M-Edge-Kindle-...0302005&sr=1-1

You can't get it from Amazon.co.uk, though. :-/
Kenneth_irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #7
DaveSp
Enthusiast
DaveSp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_irl View Post
I like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/M-Edge-Kindle-...0302005&sr=1-1

You can't get it from Amazon.co.uk, though. :-/
I bought one direct from M-Edge -

http://www.medgestore.com/products/k...-flexstand.psp

Works very well.

Dave
DaveSp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #8
Kenneth_irl
Addict
Kenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle 3 + Paperwhite 7th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSp View Post
I bought one direct from M-Edge -

http://www.medgestore.com/products/k...-flexstand.psp

Works very well.

Dave
Yeah, I thought so. It looks well designed to me.

It does unfortunately costs $44.99 (in total) if I want one shipped to Denmark. Maybe Amazon.co.uk will get them in stock in the future, but I don't think so.
Kenneth_irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #9
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool dual function

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
True as long as it works right and doesn't damage the ereader that's what counts. That it is inexpensive is a definite plus of course. Why spend $30-40 dollars on something that may or may not work when there is something cheaply priced that is tested by many years of service. What I like is it looks (in the picture) to be wide enough at the base for me to not have to remove the case in order to use it easily. And of course it folds up so it should be easy to carry when not in use too.
my case doubles as a reading stand.

Last edited by alansplace; 07-10-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: fix image
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #10
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I really, really like this one which I have had for a few months now. It holds up everything nicely; my Kindles, my iPad, my Boox M90, my Sony.

pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #11
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I like those simple stands. I also think those book beanies are freakin' adorable.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #12
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
I use Tuff Luv Multi-View Leather Case Cover and Stand http://amzn.to/qLcwgo - a pleasure to read though it's a bit bulky.

Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #13
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
This is the best one I saw until now:

Amazon US

Amazon UK

I don't know which is the official maker of these, because they have a few retailers and different names.
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I use my 3feet stand Perfect for eating and reading!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:34 PM   #15
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I use my 3feet stand Perfect for eating and reading!
That one seems nice too, I'm still waiting for the one I linked but looks promising. It has good reviews too on all duplicates.
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote