Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
jbacinti
jbacinti began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Beginner's question on conversion

I downloaded a library book through Overdrive and it was in Epub format. How do I save the book to the Calibre Library so I can convert it automatically to load to my Kindle Fire? The downloaded book appears in my browser but I don't see a way to save it to the Calibre Library.

jbacinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You'll need to install an ebook reading app on your Kindle Fire that can handle ePubs with Adobe DRM. For advice on how to download, you should ask your library.

You can't convert it in calibre because that would require removing the time-limiting DRM.

(NB Detailed discussion of DRM-removal isn't permitted at MobileRead.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2014, 10:50 AM   #3
jbacinti

Thanks for your prompt reply.

jbacinti
Old 01-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You can download the OverDrive app from the Amazon App Store and use that to download your books from your library and to read them.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:42 PM   #5
jbacinti

Unhappy Not compatible

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
You can download the OverDrive app from the Amazon App Store and use that to download your books from your library and to read them.
Amazon tells me that I might be buying a non-compatible App.
Advert
Old 01-02-2014, 01:15 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Which Fire to you have? There is a different version for the older first gen here.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #7
jbacinti

I have a Kindle Fire Second Generation.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #8
jbacinti

Finally got the app and have figured out how to use it. Thanks to all for your help.