Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-16-2024, 02:44 PM   #1
shyhermit
Connoisseur
shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Unhappy Developer mode in Libra Colour?

Tried to get developer mode working in Libra Colour.

The commands demomodeon and demomodeoff do not appear to work anymore.

*** typo (corrected by Aleron) devmodeon and devmodeoff ***

Anyone else can confirm this?

The dev mode is supposed to allow you to gain many extra options, even offline solo games such as Sudoku, Unblock It, Solitaire and Word Scramble. Somehow, I don't see the game in the regular beta features on my device.

Aware that this is old code. Perhaps it got removed in recent firmware...

Here is an old thread about devmode:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323148

Last edited by shyhermit; 05-16-2024 at 02:59 PM.
shyhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 02:48 PM   #2
jpearn
jpearn began at the beginning.

devmodeon search from the Home screen turns dev mode on
jpearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2024, 02:53 PM   #3
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The search terms are devmodeon and devmodeoff, not demomodeon and demomodeoff.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 02:57 PM   #4
shyhermit
Connoisseur
shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

My apology, Aleron. That was a typo (I mistyped the trigger words for demo mode). I did use the correct trigger words. Did not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
The search terms are devmodeon and devmodeoff, not demomodeon and demomodeoff.
Old 05-16-2024, 05:10 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Odd. They worked for me. You typed the trigger in the search box and hit the search icon? See the two attached images. The first is after I typed devmodeoff in the search box and searched to turn developer mode off and then after I typed devmodeon in the search box and searched. It doesn't seem to matter what I did the search in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	149
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	208326   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	146
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	208327  

Last edited by DNSB; 05-16-2024 at 05:19 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2024, 05:13 PM   #6
shyhermit
Connoisseur

I am not seeing the images in your post. Did you post them? Is is possible because I am currently on sideloading mode? Or perhaps I need a firmware upgrade (it already upgraded when I first turned on the device).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Odd. They worked for me. You typed the trigger in the search box and hit the search icon? See the two attached images. The first is after I typed devmodeoff in the search box and searched to turn developer mode off and then after I typed devmodeon in the search box and searched. Not sure if needed but I did the search in My Books.
Old 05-16-2024, 05:20 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyhermit View Post
I am not seeing the images in your post. Did you post them? Is is possible because I am currently on sideloading mode? Or perhaps I need a firmware upgrade (it already upgraded when I first turned on the device).
My error. I did not remove the serial number/MAC address from the original images. They are now redacted.

I should also mention the only items I see on the Libra Colour in Beta Features with developer mode on are:

Web browser
Large Print Mode
SketchPad
My Words
Sandbox

Last edited by DNSB; 05-16-2024 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Added items visible in Beta Features
Old 05-16-2024, 06:06 PM   #8
Asyd Rayn
Asyd Rayn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis/Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
My error. I did not remove the serial number/MAC address from the original images. They are now redacted.

I should also mention the only items I see on the Libra Colour in Beta Features with developer mode on are:

Web browser
Large Print Mode
SketchPad
My Words
Sandbox
One of the things I did get to work -- I see the same options after turning it on although when I try sandbox I just get a blank screen with Quit. I was hoping the games would be there for flights when I tire of reading.
Asyd Rayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 10:42 PM   #9
shyhermit
Connoisseur

Thanks, DNSB. This was very helpful. Do you know what happened to all the games? Like with Asyd, I can't see the games. I thought they are supposed to be under the beta features. Am I looking at the wrong place?

Quote:

Web browser
Large Print Mode
SketchPad
My Words
Sandbox
Old 05-16-2024, 11:00 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist

I have the feeling that they have been removed as Kobo has added and removed games in the past.
Old 05-16-2024, 11:05 PM   #11
shyhermit
Connoisseur

Oh, I did not know this. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
I have the feeling that they have been removed as Kobo has added and removed games in the past.
Old 05-16-2024, 11:58 PM   #12
sparajoy
sparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Kobo Clara Colour
For the record, I can still launch and run the games on my clara colour using 4.39.xxx, but I have to use a command on NickelMenu to do it. The games are still there (for now) they just removed all the buttons to launch it.
sparajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 12:42 AM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist

So something like this in your NickelMenu config file?

Code:
#
menu_item : main    : Unblock_It         : nickel_extras  :  unblock_it
menu_item : main    : Sketch_Pad         : nickel_extras  :  sketch_pad
menu_item : main    : Solitaire          : nickel_extras  :  solitaire
menu_item : main    : Sudoku             : nickel_extras  :  sudoku
menu_item : main    : Word_Scramble      : nickel_extras  :  word_scramble
#
Old 05-17-2024, 12:04 PM   #14
sparajoy
sparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Kobo Clara Colour
Exactly that, yeah! I was really excited for solitaire in color on an eink.
sparajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 01:20 PM   #15
Asyd Rayn
Asyd Rayn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis/Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
So something like this in your NickelMenu config file?

Code:
#
menu_item : main    : Unblock_It         : nickel_extras  :  unblock_it
menu_item : main    : Sketch_Pad         : nickel_extras  :  sketch_pad
menu_item : main    : Solitaire          : nickel_extras  :  solitaire
menu_item : main    : Sudoku             : nickel_extras  :  sudoku
menu_item : main    : Word_Scramble      : nickel_extras  :  word_scramble
#
Thank you -- with your help I got NickelMenu working appreciate your patience with a newbie.
Asyd Rayn is offline   Reply With Quote