Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
dondford
dondford began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Content Manager Change

Is there a way to configure my Kindle I to not show the books that Amazon is storing on their server for me? I have a lot of books I have deleted from my Kindle and Amazon stores in case I want to DL again and as a result when I do need to use the Content Manager I have to scroll down many pages. I would like my Kindle only show the books in my Content Manager that are actually in my Kindle memory or stored on the SD card. If I need to access the Amazon stored books, I can easily do it from "Manage your Kindle" from my computer.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Don
dondford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Sorry, you're stuck with 'em.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
While in the Content Manager, scroll up to the top of the page to "Show and Sort" and click. You will see a menu for:

Show All
Show Amazon Items Only
Show Kindle Items Only
Show SD Memory Card Only

You will want to use "Show Kindle Items Only" and "Show SD Memory Card Only". Unfortunately, you can't combine the two but have to bounce back and forth between them but you'll have fewer pages to deal with and no Amazon stored items will show.

BTW, welcome to MobileRead!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #4
dondford
dondford began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thax, Daffy- for the tip and the welcome!

D
dondford is offline   Reply With Quote