Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
PB 360 arrived! A couple of questions

I'm excited, my pb360 arrived about an hour ago! Okay, so I installed some fonts, themes, dictionaries etc. I also installed FB180 and authorized my device for adobe digital editions. I just tried to go into a drm file and I can't open it. When I try to choose what to open it with, the only choices are FBReader180 and FBreader. I have authorized adobe. Is it the extensions file? I just copied the one from FB180 installation. What would I need to change?

Also, I was going to install the ADE hack but my firmware is 15.1. Which one should I use. I wasn't going to change my firmware quite yet as things seem to be working fine for the moment and I want to play a bit more first.

Anyways, thanks for your help.

Jodi
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Okay, I got the extensions file fixed up from combining a couple versions I saw. I think I'm getting it now.

So just need to sort out the hack. I might wait until I decide what to do re firmware. I really want to leave the firmware alone for the moment I think, at least until I've had some time with it.
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrmama View Post
...Also, I was going to install the ADE hack but my firmware is 15.1. Which one should I use...
Jodi
Hi Jodi,
The only versions of the ADE hack that I know of are a v14.2 one and a v15.2 one. I believe the hack itself is a very minor change to the standard version (a few characters) but I don't know how much standard ADE changed (if at all) between v15.1 and v15.2.

I haven't seen tselling, the hack provider, posting on here recently.

I hope you're enjoying your shiny new toy
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #4
mcrmama
Addict

Thanks Jackie. I think I'll leave it for now. I had a glitch where I couldn't open my library books but it doesn't seem to like it when I put it through calibre. When I added it directly in ADE it is fine. I thought it was strange since my purchased books that use ADE opened fine. So, now I know. I will just do library books that way.

Yes, I am enjoying my new toy so far. Now to put it away, play with my kids and let it charge!

Jodi
Old 08-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
Hey mcrmama
Are the books DRMd ? You need to transfer such books via ADE, alle the other ones should easily be transferred with calibre

Btw your charging should be finished now
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #6
mcrmama
Addict

Thanks Ulli, they are drm'd but so were the purchased books and they worked bringing in through calibre as long as I had opened them in ADE first. There must be something different about them. I got them in now though and know that library books have to be brought in that way now.

Jodi
Old 08-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrmama View Post
Thanks Ulli, they are drm'd but so were the purchased books and they worked bringing in through calibre as long as I had opened them in ADE first. There must be something different about them. I got them in now though and know that library books have to be brought in that way now.

Jodi
Hi Jodi

I suppose you authorized your 360° on ADE?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:49 AM   #8
mcrmama
Addict

Yes, it is authorized. I think that is why the book store ones did work and also why when I put the library ones directly through ADE they worked. Just weird that they worked differently. Oh well.