Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
zluooobo
zluooobo began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Unhappy calibre, nook, mac memory problem

I have a white macbook w/ 2GB memory and when I use Calibre to change metadata for my nook for more than 10 minutes, Calibre eats into almost 500mb of ram!
Additionally, When trying to transfer files over to my nook, it "beachballs" my mac indefinitely.
please help!

oops - running the latest calibre build and nook firmware
zluooobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm guessing you're using PDF files?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
zluooobo

Yes, primarily - is that not a best practice? I am concerned about epub reformatting.
Also, the books do not show up in my library on the nook. It attempts to check for new items and then kicks me back to the homescreen with no results.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:33 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Go to Preferences->plugins->metadata writer plugins and disable the PDF metadata writer plugin

And I would strongly advise against using PDF files.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
zluooobo

so would that fix also help the "beachball" problem?
Thanks
Advert
Old 03-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Probably