Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 11-26-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
How do I check firmware version on REB 1200

I just got an REB 1200 from eBay. Pretty cool. I've read that I should look into updating the firmware to the current ETI version. Quick question: How do I check which version of the firmware my 1200 has?
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
I just got an REB 1200 from eBay. Pretty cool.
Yep, it is, except it's a bit too heavy to hold (like a hard cover book) for any length of time. I usually prop it up against something, but since it does need to be viewed direct on, sometimes this can be tricky.

Quote:
I've read that I should look into updating the firmware to the current ETI version. Quick question: How do I check which version of the firmware my 1200 has?
Turn the unit by holding the 'menu' button, then after it boots up, tap the 'menu' button again, tap the 'info' icon, and finally tap the 'more' icon. Your viewer firmware version is displayed there.

If you have anything less than firmware 3.1, you will need to have the firmware upgraded by ETI, the current manufacturer. Check these threads for more info: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31516 and https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...641#post209641

Last edited by nrapallo; 11-26-2008 at 06:45 PM. Reason: added link to migration/upgrade instructions by ETI
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the help. Mine says 4.2f22. Is that the current version?
Old 12-01-2008, 11:51 AM   #4
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
Thanks for the help. Mine says 4.2f22. Is that the current version?
Yes it is.

How do/will you load the .imp files onto your REB1200?

Most use eBookwise/GEB librarian, but Impserve will do the same and even allow you to "surf the internet" on the REB1200!

It truly is a great device!
Old 12-01-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong

If I'm being honest, my primary reason for buying the 1200 was to have a chance to play with it and see what it's like. I've always wondered. (I got an 1100 when they first came out and used it happily for years.) These days I use a Sony PRS-505. My other idea was to see if it would be suitable for my wife. She doesn't like the Sony (she wants to read on a "white" page and she wants backlighting. So, I'm going to play around with the 1200 to see if it will make a nice Hanukkah present for her. I also want to play around with trying to convert some fairly complex .pdf files for use on it (things that need a color display and won't look very good on a smaller screen).
Advert
Old 12-01-2008, 05:33 PM   #6
nrapallo

Then be sure to check out PDFRead 1.8.2 released! and the rest of the IMP software for all .imp needs!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #7
DropDeadFred
DropDeadFred began at the beginning.

Device: EBW1150, REB1200
Hey guys. My new 1200's just came and I am having trouble determining firmware versions. I don't have an 'info' option on the menu! I know where it should be because I have it on my 1150.

Any ideas?

I'm betting it is really old. At least I should be able to use the .RES folder method if that is the case. Do I have to be careful with taking out the CF card. Can I brick the reader like you can with the 1150?

Thanks!
DropDeadFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #8
DropDeadFred

Well, while I am still curious about the firmware version, I was able to get Reblibrarian working just fine.

I got the two REB1200s with 2 provided phone cords and 2 provided USB cables. This caused me to mistakenly believe the REB1200 has a USB port which it doesn't. Luckily, I've got 2 ethernet jacks in the wall where my main computer is.

Thanks for all the great posts and links I've been reading about the 1200. It made getting things setup a breeze. Especially your's Nick.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:19 PM   #9
DropDeadFred

Me again.

I've got the 2.0 firmware, which works with Reblibrarian (yea!). I forgot the part about holding down the back button while you power it on in order to get the info option to appear in the menu.

All's well, except now I need to find a bigger CF card.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #10
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropDeadFred View Post
Me again.

I've got the 2.0 firmware, which works with Reblibrarian (yea!). I forgot the part about holding down the back button while you power it on in order to get the info option to appear in the menu.

All's well, except now I need to find a bigger CF card.
With firmware 2.0, I think the max. CF card size may be 1GB.

Up to 2GB is supported using the latest 4.2 firmware from ETI, but to upgrade your firmware, you'll need to send the REB1200 to ETI to perform that migration.

p.s. Impserve can be made to work with firmware 2.0 by changing the servers it points to in the python script to the original bookshelf.softbook.net.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #11
DropDeadFred

Good to know about the CF card size. I got too big a SM card for my 1150 the first time.

That's great. I really wanted to try out impserve. I didn't think it was going to to work with the older firmware.

All I can say is I'm glad I got 2 since my wife has laid claim to one for Christmas for herself. Now that she's seen it she wants it for sure.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #12
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropDeadFred View Post
That's great. I really wanted to try out impserve. I didn't think it was going to to work with the older firmware.
This thread explained how to get impserve to work with your (older) firmware.

Quote:
All I can say is I'm glad I got 2 since my wife has laid claim to one for Christmas for herself. Now that she's seen it she wants it for sure.
I've got two and they're ALL MINE!!!!!! All for me, myself, and I!