Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 06:11 AM   #1
carman63
carman63 began at the beginning.

Device: None yet
Feeler: Oberon Design case - any interest?

I wrote to Oberon Design to see what reader / journal cover would work for the PP, and was told the small journal is probably the closest they have. While that may work (and I'll probably try it) it's not a perfect solution.

Based on the email conversation I had with one of the folks at Oberon, they'd need 40-50 people express interest in a case before they'd invest the time/money to design one.

So I'm putting out a feeler to see if there's enough interest to pursue this idea. Granted, the Oberon Design cases are not cheap. But, having held a journal in my hands, I can tell you the craftsmanship and attention to detail are really really nice.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks for reading
-Jim
carman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:16 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I'd have bought one, had they been available when I was searching for a cover (the Mini came without one). Right now, I have a nice cover from Stylz.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2009, 06:30 AM   #3
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Well I just had a look at their website, nice looking designs. I would be interested to see some mock designs of possible covers. I do like the most the Icon Journals.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:40 AM   #4
angurs
angurs began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
I'm in. I asked them a month ago as well as Noreve and they both declined. I just bought a stylz cover but if Oberon decides to make them I'll definitely buy one..
angurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:41 AM   #5
angurs
angurs began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
...or two. I got my sister a Pocket Pro for christmas
angurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
I would love to have one too but i can buy it after January 15 =(
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I would certainly buy one. Is this where you email them from to ask them to make a cover for the Pocket Pro?

http://www.oberondesign.com/contact.php
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Astak interested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carman63 View Post
I wrote to Oberon Design to see what reader / journal cover would work for the PP, and was told the small journal is probably the closest they have. While that may work (and I'll probably try it) it's not a perfect solution.

Based on the email conversation I had with one of the folks at Oberon, they'd need 40-50 people express interest in a case before they'd invest the time/money to design one.

So I'm putting out a feeler to see if there's enough interest to pursue this idea. Granted, the Oberon Design cases are not cheap. But, having held a journal in my hands, I can tell you the craftsmanship and attention to detail are really really nice.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks for reading
-Jim
Dear Jim:

If you want to refer then to Astak I would love to talk with them or meet with them at CES.

It is a way to reach that 40-50 mark.

I think what you did is just great!! Thank you!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #9
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
They already do sony cases, would the astak not fit in a case for a sony 505?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #10
carman63

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
I would certainly buy one. Is this where you email them from to ask them to make a cover for the Pocket Pro?

http://www.oberondesign.com/contact.php
I believe that's the link
Old 12-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #11
carman63

Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
One of the folks there suggested the best fit would be their small journal.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:47 PM   #12
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
Not necessarily. Their case for the 300 would be designed so that the straps didn't interfere with the 300's controls. The PP has buttons in different spots. We might need a slightly different angle so the rocker switch will work, for instance.

PRS 600 users using the m-Edge cases for the 505 found the strap pressed the volume button and drained their batteries. The fix was to cut away a little of the elastic on that strap. Acceptable when buying a discounted case, of course, but I'd guess that the ones designed for the 600 don't share that problem.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #13
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
So how would the journal hold the reader in place?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:31 PM   #14
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Here's a view of one of their designs for the nook. I really like all of their designs. They are a little expensive, but I plan to keep my Pocket Pro and use it frequently so customizing it seems a good choice. These designs are good enough to make me willing to give up the free cover that came with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oberon nook covers.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	40627  
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:11 AM   #15
robvarga
Connoisseur
robvarga began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by carman63 View Post

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks for reading
-Jim
I would definitely be interested.

Best regards,

Robert
robvarga is offline   Reply With Quote