Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
InlawBiker
Connoisseur
InlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1.0
Authors missing?

I haven't seen this asked yet. Must be something dumb I'm doing...

With the latest Calibre and Kindle 1.0, author metadata is not appearing on the Kindle. I edit the books in Calibre, remove them from the Kindle then re-add them to the Kindle. Some books consistently do not show an Author on the Kindle. They do appear in Calibre as expected. Am I doing something wrong?

Another thing I do is always do is enter Author and Author-Sort as "Lastname, Firstname" for consistency. Any other suggestions on letting Calibre handle this for me?

Thanks for your great software!

Greg
InlawBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
conert the files to mobi in calibre first. And set only author sort to lastname, forstname and set the conversion option to prefer author sort
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
InlawBiker
Connoisseur
InlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1.0
Yep, that worked. It didn't occur to me to convert them because they started as Mobi's. Thanks!

Greg.
InlawBiker is offline   Reply With Quote