Notices

Old 09-09-2023, 10:48 AM   #1
chris33
Enthusiast
chris33 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kobo libra 2
Lightbulb saving books to disk template

Hi,

I’m wondering if in preferences/saving books to disk the default template can be different for different libraries ?

Also if I set the template to:
{series}-{series_index}-{title}-{author} for instance
and the series, series_index and author are empty for some entries, then my file name will look like:

- - title -

Is there a way to avoid hyphens without values before/after (conditional template)?
chris33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 11:46 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...lder-structure

Those templates are for EXTERNAL devices and those that do not have a workable Save to Device driver.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2023, 12:15 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris33 View Post
Also if I set the template to:
{series}-{series_index}-{title}-{author} for instance
and the series, series_index and author are empty for some entries, then my file name will look like:

- - title -

Is there a way to avoid hyphens without values before/after (conditional template)?
See the calibre template language documentation, in particular the Advanced Formatting section that describes how to include conditional text.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 01:38 PM   #4
chris33
Enthusiast

@theducks
I'm using a docker container for calibre server on my NAS and export files on a network share, then files are moved to the devices

@chaley

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
See the calibre template language documentation, in particular the Advanced Formatting section that describes how to include conditional text.
Yes thank you.
It should look like this:
Code:
{series}{series_index:| - | - }{title} - {authors}
I tried with the template editor too but not able to do what I expect.
I would like to insert () around series/series_index like

(series - series_index) - title - authors

I tried:
Code:
{series}{series_index:(| - |) - }{title} - {authors}
The opening parenthesis will fail, the closing works.
Old 09-09-2023, 02:26 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Look at Save To Folder
This was made to more mimic a device that might not behave as needed over USB. This also uses the template language. All the Send to... store their configurations in the Config folder. Each 'device' will have a 'driver' file

Note: You need to 'eject' this device to get it disconnected (On Device column goes away)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2023, 04:34 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris33 View Post
I tried:
Code:
{series}{series_index:(| - |) - }{title} - {authors}
The opening parenthesis will fail, the closing works.
put the opening parenthesis in the series segment, as it is to go before that value.
Code:
{series:|(| - }{series_index:||) - }{title} - {authors}
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 03:40 AM   #7
chris33
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
put the opening parenthesis in the series segment, as it is to go before that value.
Code:
{series:|(| - }{series_index:||) - }{title} - {authors}
Perfect!

Tags
calibre settings template