Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2023, 05:05 PM   #1
Tawn
Connoisseur
Tawn began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Libra 2
Read exported annotation file on kobo

How to read exported annotation file on kobo?
Kobo supports reading text files and it's saved on the kobo, but how do I open it; it doesn't show in My Books like saved sketchpad files do.

Obviously I could copy it to another device, but I'd rather not.

(I started the book on cloud library, it expired and I got another copy from Overdrive. I can't just replace the annot file, since the Overdrive book is kepub.)
Tawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 08:04 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
You can open the un-exported copy of annotations from the book without opening the book, via menu for book in My Books or Search results. The exported text file is in addition and only needed for copy to PC if you don't use Calibre. Just press and hold on the book details or tap the ". . ." menu at each book.

The system fails with returned borrowed books or deleted books.

I don't export any annotations. I copy them via Calibre and paste into my text editor.

If you had to return / delete the book but have the export you can copy from kobo to PC, delete, eject, connect and copy back and it will be added as a book.

Last edited by Quoth; 05-17-2023 at 08:08 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2023, 10:41 PM   #3
Tawn
Connoisseur
Tawn began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
You can open the un-exported copy of annotations from the book without opening the book, via menu for book in My Books or Search results. The exported text file is in addition and only needed for copy to PC if you don't use Calibre. Just press and hold on the book details or tap the ". . ." menu at each book.
Sweet, thanks; never noticed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
If you had to return / delete the book but have the export you can copy from kobo to PC, delete, eject, connect and copy back and it will be added as a book.
Just discovered copying the txt file to a top level folder named 'Documents' works too.
Tawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 05:26 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawn View Post
Just discovered copying the txt file to a top level folder named 'Documents' works too.
Likely copy or move to any different folder works as the Kobo scans for "new" files to add to the database after USB eject. My explanation to provoke that action was a bit long winded.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote