Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-27-2022, 12:28 PM   #1
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Pocket on Kobo missing articles?

For some reason, Pocket on Kobo doesn't show all articles I've saved to Pocket. It only shows the most recent.

No, the missing articles weren't archived. When I add new articles, they show up. Just the four oldest ones do not. I've attached images of Pocket on my Clara and on stupid Chrome that I'm forced to use at work.

I haven't yet signed out and signed back in to Pocket on the Clara, because I remember it was a pain and newly saved articles are synching. That will be my next step unless I get some good suggestions here.

Running 4.34, though I doubt it's a firmware issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220927_161102035.MP.jpg
Views:	1024
Size:	621.3 KB
ID:	196827   Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220927_161450538.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	876.4 KB
ID:	196828  
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 12:45 PM   #2
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
The Pocket app or browser extension can save any web page, but the Kobo Pocket reader can only display those that render properly as articles. If when you open a saved article in the Pocket app (or the Pocket website), and it shows the saved content in "web view" instead of "article view," that article won't show at all on a Kobo device -- and it'll give you no indication that the article is in your Pocket account.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2022, 12:52 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
The Pocket app or browser extension can save any web page, but the Kobo Pocket reader can only display those that render properly as articles. If when you open a saved article in the Pocket app (or the Pocket website), and it shows the saved content in "web view" instead of "article view," that article won't show at all on a Kobo device -- and it'll give you no indication that the article is in your Pocket account.
But the missing articles did show on the Kobo previously. They went away when I turned wifi back on to get the latest articles.
Old 09-27-2022, 01:00 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Well, I deleted the articles, saved them again and now Kobo sees them. Still don't know what the problem was.

One thing I wish the Kobo version would do: Show the estimated reading time. That's pretty handy.
Old 09-27-2022, 01:03 PM   #5
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Well, I deleted the articles, saved them again and now Kobo sees them. Still don't know what the problem was.

One thing I wish the Kobo version would do: Show the estimated reading time. That's pretty handy.
List view shows the estimated reading time.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2022, 01:17 PM   #6
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdancer View Post
List view shows the estimated reading time.
Neat. Thank you!
Old 09-27-2022, 01:43 PM   #7
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
You're welcome. I also find estimated time very useful.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote