Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-01-2022, 06:40 PM   #1
Joey Ferri
Joey Ferri began at the beginning.

Device: several
Author name reversed Calibre to Kindle

I used gmx to email a book from Calibre to Kindle. On my iphone, I opened the email, tapped the attachment, and the filename was Title-Author.mobi.
Using the share function, I attempted to open the book in Kindle. First I moved the author name to the field specified, and shortened the filename to just include the title. All good.
Nope, the book downloaded, but with the authors firstname and surname in the wrong order. Ok, I'll delete it from the library, and try again, this time putting the surname first. Same result.

Last edited by Joey Ferri; 03-01-2022 at 06:45 PM.
Joey Ferri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 10:23 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the setting under Preferences->Output options->MOBI output->Use author sort for author. The kindle does that author sort metadata, so it overloads the author field for it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert