Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-28-2022, 07:24 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Embedded font issue

It's been a while since I converted books and I just recently upgraded from Calibre 4.3x to 5.3x. I always embed the Constantia font when I convert books. It's no longer working when transferring the book to an eReader (although Constantia is displayed correctly in Calibre's the built-in reader?). (I'm using the Linux version.) Is this a known issue? Is there a work-around? Or maybe the settings have changed? Any pointers of what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated. Thank you.

My ignorance, see post #5.

Last edited by rcentros; 01-28-2022 at 10:47 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 07:55 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I know some people are having issues on Kobo devices with the current f/w (4.31.19086) and fonts. Is this on your Kobo and if so, what f/w?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2022, 09:04 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I know some people are having issues on Kobo devices with the current f/w (4.31.19086) and fonts. Is this on your Kobo and if so, what f/w?
That's what I thought at first, but I've tested this on a PocketBook, Tolino, Nook and a couple other Kobo's with older firmware. Same issue. When I use the file I converted a while back, there's no issues on the eReaders. But it looks like everything I've converted with Calibre 5.35 doesn't work on eReaders, but works correctly in Calibre's Reader (which means to me, there's some issue when transferring). I'm going to try it on a different machine and see if I get the same results.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:57 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
converting to what format with what device?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 10:46 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
converting to what format with what device?
From AZW3 to ePUB. But I figured out what I was doing wrong — it was actually a case of double stupidity. First, the reason the Calibre eReader showed the correct font is because I set that font (Constantia) in its preferences for the Serif font. Second, the reason the font wasn't "taking" was because I wasn't clearing the old text properties. When I converted regularly I knew how to do that, but as mentioned above, it's been a while (and I don't think all books require it). I've now successfully converted the specific book (with the right font) using the newest Calibre version.

Sorry for my ignorance. Thank you for Calibre.
Advert