Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-01-2021, 10:33 AM   #1
azov_aidar
azov_aidar began at the beginning.

Device: lux 3
PocketBook 626 Touch Lux 3

Hi there. I'm trying to buy used Touch Lux 3 and I can't understand something. Some of the books have on theirs back side sign Touch Lux 3 and some of them don't. Sellers gave me proof that this is the same book but I'm still hesitate. Can someone explain me what the difference? Why do some books have this sign and others don't? Some kind of different revision of the books or they just trying to fool me?
Thanks in advance.
azov_aidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 01:42 PM   #2
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Maybe the back of some devices is free because they were sold by certain stores that have their own branding.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2021, 04:02 PM   #3
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
I'm aware of at least 3 types of PB 626, which differ slightly.
1) With E-Ink Pearl Screen (TL2)
2) With E-Ink Carta Screen (TL3)
3) With E-Ink Carta & soldered internal memory instead of hidden MicroSD Card (TL3).

Only way to be really sure is to open the device and have a look at the screen ribbon cable and the memory. I owned white and black type 2 devices, gray and black type 1 devices and a red type 3 device. They don't differ much regarding the performance, Carta screen is said to have a little more contrast. In reality you can tell the difference only if 2 devices are compared directly.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote