Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 12-31-2020, 03:35 PM   #1
paulrandall
paulrandall began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Problems with USA Today and New York Times

I am having problems with the USA Today recipe for every update since 4.23. There are many extraneous pieces of information appearing since the new updates. I keep going back to 4.23 so I don't get all of the extraneous info. See attached photos.

I am also getting a lot of extraneous info with the New York Times recipe. The extraneous info is appearing even on 4.23. But the biggest problem with the NYT recipe is that it will not allow me to select what sections I want to download. I have completely removed (as opposed to simply putting a pound sign) all sections I do not want downloaded. Never-the-less, the sections still download. As examples: I have removed Arts, Books, Sports, Home, Obituaries and others from the recipe but they all still download.

I would very much appreciate any help anyone is willing to offer to correct these problems.

paulrandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 09:26 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to use the web edition nyt recipe. As for USA Today should be fine now.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2021, 09:16 AM   #3
paulrandall

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Your suggestion to use the web edition of the NYT worked to allow me to remove sections from the recipe that I did not want to load onto my devise. Unfortunately, when I updated Calibre from 4.23 to 5.8.1, I still got all of the extraneous information I previously complained about. I am trying again to upload pictures but I did not have much success the last time. I hope you can assist me further.

Old 01-05-2021, 09:24 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

are you using the builtin usa today recipe??
Old 01-05-2021, 11:48 AM   #5
paulrandall

YES, I am using the built in USA Today and NYT recipes.
Advert
Old 01-05-2021, 02:39 PM   #6
paulrandall

One more attempt to upload images describing the extraneous infobeing loaded with the recipes for USA Today and The NYT.

Again, thank you for your assistance.
Old 01-05-2021, 02:41 PM   #7
paulrandall

Well, that didn't work very well!!! Sorry about that.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:12 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrandall View Post
Well, that didn't work very well!!! Sorry about that.
Please try using the Attach option to attach your images. Either click on the paperclip above the message entry or using Attach Files in the Additional Options.

This will make your messages easier to read and keep the moderators happy that you are not violating the maximum image sizes.

I'm not sure when the ability to edit your messages is enabled but you should see an Edit button on your messages if it is enabled.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R7IiI3.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	603.8 KB
ID:	184527   Click image for larger version

Name:	D5JUL9.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	500.8 KB
ID:	184528   Click image for larger version

Name:	jNwHY4.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	590.3 KB
ID:	184529   Click image for larger version

Name:	nZuUoz.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	517.2 KB
ID:	184530  

Last edited by DNSB; 01-05-2021 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Added edit button item
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:28 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The next and previous links at the top are because you dont have a kindle output profile set. As for the related and continue reading links, I dont get them with the builtin recipe.