Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-04-2020, 02:35 AM   #1
The_book
Zealot
The_book began at the beginning.

Device: none
Which Android reader app support markdown files?

I want to read something in txt format in Android. But I need toc. For toc is often can not be accurately identified, and as I'm familiar with regex, it's not hard for me to change txt into markdown. But often, Android reader app supports txt do not support markdown, so I want to know if some app supports reading markdown in Android, which need to identify markdwon toc accurately.

I know it's easy to change markdown into epub using pandoc or calibre, but they always adding something I do not need. For example, css file, id, class, cover. I just want to read pure txt with toc. So I think an app which can read markdown may be the best choice。
The_book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 03:46 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
markdown is plain text. Plain text does not support toc.

What pandoc does (or can do) is generate a toc based on markdown header tags. The output file can be html, epub or any other thing.

Markor is a great tool for writting and preview markdown, but probably is not what you need.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2020, 04:47 AM   #3
The_book
Zealot
The_book began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
markdown is plain text. Plain text does not support toc.

What pandoc does (or can do) is generate a toc based on markdown header tags. The output file can be html, epub or any other thing.

Markor is a great tool for writting and preview markdown, but probably is not what you need.
I think, yes, for I do not need any writting.
The_book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:15 PM   #4
Nelebh
Nelebh began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+, Kobo Clara HD, Hanlin V5 (not in use)
Check out Epsilon Notes https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...artoyev.enotes

It's an editor, but can also preview Markdown files and it has a file manager inside. It's what I use for writing Markdown on Android and I like it a lot. You can grab it from the Play Store and then later move the apk to another device, it doesn't need Google Play Services to work (you will lose Premium features if you bought them, though).
Nelebh is offline   Reply With Quote