Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-23-2020, 08:46 PM   #1
BongioviBR
BongioviBR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Blocked Kindle: There is something legal to do?

Hello!

I bought the Kindle PW4 in june and it came with a defect in lighting that does not prevent reading, but makes it a little difficult.

I contacted Amazon support requesting the repair or exchange of the product.

They informed me that they had no means to repair it and therefore gave me credit on Amazon for the purchase of a new device.

They also informed me that the old device would just block, since Amazon have no interest in returning it (They haven't an official suport in Brazil, so it would be more expansive for Amazon get the device back).

So, I currently have the new device, which works properly registered and an old device that is locked.

My question: is it possible to use the locked kindle for some other function? I know it is not possible to register it again, but I think it would be environmentally incorrect to just throw it away. I would like to reuse it in some way.

Obviously, i do not want any illicit means. I would just like help in understanding if it has any use.

Can I send files via USB and read? Would that be the only feature?
BongioviBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 06:44 AM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Yes, you can sideload books and read them.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2020, 12:48 PM   #3
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BongioviBR View Post
Can I send files via USB and read?
Yes. If you use calibre that will make it easy to manage those books and that device.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 04:46 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You could save the old Kindle for parts. Charge it to just over 50% and remove the battery and you'll have a spare battery and a spare screen.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote