Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-26-2019, 08:49 AM   #1
twolate
twolate began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Note pro
Note Pro - Switching from NeoReader to Note App

I have been testing my new Note Pro this weekend and I like it, but there is one really big annoyance for me, that might trigger me to send it back. Before I do that I wanted to ask if someone has a solution for that.

The NeoReader and the Note app (Knote I think?) don't appear in the recently used apps/open apps list. This makes it impossible to fast switch between reading something and the note app without taking like 4 or 5 steps and loosing my train of thought. This seems minor but for me personally it kills the device in the use case of a meeting.

There is Sidenote, but thats to much turning the device, since the papers I read aren't usable with half a screen.

Anyone got a way to make these apps appear in the recent used apps list?
twolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:27 PM   #2
Gameboy213
Connoisseur
Gameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2 , Kindle Oasis 2018
I wish I did. It is one of my main annoyances as well!
Gameboy213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2019, 08:44 AM   #3
rafail
Enthusiast
rafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolate

Device: Onyx Note
NeoReader ---× Note Application - 3 steps: 1. Navigation Ball, 2. Note application (you can set the Note application as one of the five alternatives of the Navigation Ball) 3. The note itself
Note Application ---× NeoReader - 3 steps: 1. Exit from the note into the main screen of the Note Application, 2. Library button, 3. The document you are currently reading...
rafail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:11 AM   #4
Gameboy213
Connoisseur
Gameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2 , Kindle Oasis 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafail View Post
NeoReader ---× Note Application - 3 steps: 1. Navigation Ball, 2. Note application (you can set the Note application as one of the five alternatives of the Navigation Ball) 3. The note itself
Note Application ---× NeoReader - 3 steps: 1. Exit from the note into the main screen of the Note Application, 2. Library button, 3. The document you are currently reading...
I don’t know how I missed this. Thank you!
Gameboy213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 01:23 PM   #5
nozonyan
Enthusiast
nozonyan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
the ideal would be a similar option allowing you to open a sticky note without leaving the current read. Similar to how samsung note behaved at the press of the pen button.
nozonyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #6
rafail
Enthusiast
rafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozonyan View Post
the ideal would be a similar option allowing you to open a sticky note without leaving the current read. Similar to how samsung note behaved at the press of the pen button.
In NeoReader 3.0 it can be made as a annotation. Selecting a word, choosing annotation, which can be made with the pen in the onyx keyboard (it transform the handwritting very accurate in text, the only problem beeing the delay because of the spacing) or with a external keyboard, connected through BT. I don t know how big can be this annotation...

Last edited by rafail; 08-29-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:03 PM   #7
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Quote:
Originally Posted by twolate View Post
I have been testing my new Note Pro this weekend and I like it, but there is one really big annoyance for me, that might trigger me to send it back.
I don't think I'll be sending mine back but I concur, it is a massive ballache. I keep switching all the time and this drives me NUTS. I don't know what makes Neo Reader invisible to the task switcher but they should include it in that powerball at least.

Can you try with Swapps! app? It shows Neo Reader on a sidebar that you drag open from the edge of the screen in the 'Recently Used' group. It looks like this on N96:

machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:15 AM   #8
rafail
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
Can you try with Swapps! app? It shows Neo Reader on a sidebar that you drag open from the edge of the screen in the 'Recently Used' group.
My Swapps doesn't shows the section "Recently used" apps... In Settings at the "Recently used apps" rubric is writting "Due to the Google changes, recently apps display is not supported on android 5.0+", and at section "All apps" neither Reader nor Note application appear.

Last edited by rafail; 08-30-2019 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:32 AM   #9
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
Quote:
My Swapps doesn't shows the section "Recently used" apps... In Settings at the "Recently used apps" rubric is writting "Due to the Google changes, recently apps display is not supported on android 5.0+", and at section "All apps" neither Reader nor Note application appear.
I'm not sure about the Note, but on some other 5.0+ devices there's a setting in accessibility that grants apps access to recently used. I forget the name but it's usually a list of apps. I don't know if that'd help with the recently used issue or persist after reboots.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:37 AM   #10
MarkNZed
MarkNZed began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2
Workaround

With the app Edge Gestures you can use the "pie"feature to provide a feature similar to the Navigation Ball. The use the Shortcut Creator app to create a shortcut to the pdf document in the "Pie" control. Now you can switch to the pdf in Neo Reader from the pie control in another app. Instead of Notes use an app like Google keep. Use Edge Gestures to add a gesture for "switch to the previous app" on Note 2 I needed to enable option "force app switching" in Edge Gestures also. Now you can start the keep app and use the native keyboard for handwriting then switch to the PDF using the shortcut in the Pie control. Then use the previous app gesture to switch to the note in keep.
MarkNZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 04:07 AM   #11
MarkNZed
MarkNZed began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2
should be Create Shortcut app
MarkNZed is offline   Reply With Quote