Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-22-2017, 03:54 PM   #1
Heba
Connoisseur
Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle DX, Hanvon C18 and Sony Dpt-S1
Question Best tab/phone as a reminder

I have Asus Zenpad and it is trash as a reminder. Even with a reminder app, it doesn't really alert you unless that app is the open one (meaning, if you lock your screen while Chrome is the open one, it may not alert you, even if the reminder app is running in the background). Also, I want it to have a stylus for usage while wearing gloves (Winter is coming!)
I thought about Galaxy note 8, but it is too damn EXPENSIVE!

So, which one do you recommend?
Heba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:26 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heba View Post
I have Asus Zenpad and it is trash as a reminder. Even with a reminder app, it doesn't really alert you unless that app is the open one (meaning, if you lock your screen while Chrome is the open one, it may not alert you, even if the reminder app is running in the background). Also, I want it to have a stylus for usage while wearing gloves (Winter is coming!)
I thought about Galaxy note 8, but it is too damn EXPENSIVE!

So, which one do you recommend?
Try Army Knife for Android on your tablet.
Or try another app.
Or rather than a reminder, set an alarm. Use the alarm feature.
It goes off even if the tablet is sleeping.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2017, 06:05 PM   #3
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Almost any Motorola, I've never had any problems with either my 'real' Motos or the Verizon Droid versions. Moto has always been rock solid, up till last month, my all time favorite phone was the Droid Bionic.

Also look into the Samsung J7, as near as I can tell, it is very close to my Galaxy S5 in features and design. My S5 was great at reminders.

I'm now using the Motorola Z2 Play and it's great for that, and just about everything else, I suspect it will replace the Bionic as my favorite phone.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:29 PM   #4
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
The Android Clock app is what I use on my phone. It's been on every phone and tablet I've looked for it on and I've used a lot of tablets and phones. I use it to remind me in the morning and evening to take my medicine. It never fails.

If the device is turned on the alarm in the clock app will alert you.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:31 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
The Android Clock app is what I use on my phone. It's been on every phone and tablet I've looked for it on and I've used a lot of tablets and phones. I use it to remind me in the morning and evening to take my medicine. It never fails.

If the device is turned on the alarm in the clock app will alert you.

Barry
I'm a big fan of Timely https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bitspin.timely

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert