Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-05-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Spore

For those of you who are interested in such things, and some of you who aren't, there's a new game on the market called Spore.
Supposed to be kinda fun so I downloaded the free Creature Creator from the website, and here's what happened!
Gave me a giggle anyhooo.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Spore is good, but very quickly (too quickly) gets more or less impossible to play. you just don't have enough time to react too stuff. Too bad, it had such potential
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2008, 02:57 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I got Spore a few weeks ago. I was making a music video (using an mp3 and my own background) ... but all the other "stuff" I have to do got in the way.

There is a great movie on Youtube about how to create a mantis. It really helps to see exactly what you can do with the creator.

I do wish that the creature creator allowed for some different poses and moves, however .... I realize that the idea is to use the creature in the game ... but I don't know if I'll get into the game. No time to play.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:42 PM   #4
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Sigh. I wish I had time to play video games (I'd like to try Sim Societies, too). But one of my other projects would have to come off the active list, and that's not going to happen before next summer.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #5
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
I'm really looking forward to this.

I've haven't had time for much gameing the last couple of years (though I did try my hand at a few levels of Portal a couple of months ago) but I'm stroked by the level and depth Wright is aiming at.

The Preview he showed off at TED is great & the version they showed off for the iPhone / iPod Touch is just about enough to almost convince me to buy a iPod, despite by long standing distaste for using it myself (despite the fact that I bought them for most of my non tech savy family. Go Figure!).

One thing I noticed. its a lot cheaper if you order it through Amazon instead of GAME or direct from the EA website, at least in the UK.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #6
Ceili
well, that didn't work
Ceili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheeseCeili can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
I'd been waiting for months for this... and then it seemed to change from what was originally described. Add that to the DRM and I'm passing on this one. I expect them to try to protect their software, but I don't accept the issues that arise because of it. Not that it worked, from what I've read, pirated copies have been up for 3-4 days before release...
Having had problems, some severe, with EA software DRM and installations in the past, I'm giving this a pass.

- EA is currently being trashed on a host of websites (currently Amazon has 700+ reviews, 600+ negative) on the game, mainly due to the DRM, and some websites have taken to deleting posts and temporarily banning their members for posting negatively about the DRM....
Ceili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:28 PM   #7
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
I was this close to ordering a copy from Amazon, and read the comments.

Went out and did a bit of research on the DRM restrictions, and decided to pass for now.

Now I don't know about you, but I tend to install and uninstall a lot of stuff regularly, and as such usually do a full reinstall every 4 to 6 months. The three installs you're out system would make it next to useless for me. And despite how interesting the game looks, I'm not supporting EA's draconian DRM system. I buy games, not rent them.

(I Know, You can call them after 3 installs, but having experienced such systems in the past, no way i'm getting on that treadmill. )

Heck even Microsoft is better, with their online activation resetting every 6 months, so that if you reinstall it after that period of time, it usually lets you activate it without problem.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I've even had problems with Microsoft on the reinstall issue. I was going to buy the game ... but I think I'll pass for now as well. I'm not really interested in the game aspect of the game anyway .... don't really care to have some other person's creations trying to kill my creations. I just like making the creatures.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:12 AM   #9
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I'm not really interested in the game aspect of the game anyway .... I just like making the creatures.
Ditto!
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote