Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-13-2016, 02:48 AM   #1
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Do Canadian Kindles come with Special Offers?

There's a discussion about this in the Which one should I buy? section and the simplest solution seems to be to ask the professionals.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 03:22 AM   #2
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Just go on the website. If you have the choice to buy it with either special offers or not, then yes, they do come with special offers. If you don't have the choice, it means they only sell that particular Kindle without special offers.

It changes from country to country and also from Kindle to Kindle. Here in Italy, for example, you have the choice for the basic Kindle and the Paperwhite, but the Voyage and Oasis are only sold without special offers.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2016, 12:35 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[QUOTE=mathil;3426884]It changes from country to country and also from Kindle to Kindle.QUOTE]

Which is why my title is what it is.
Old 11-13-2016, 02:31 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
You are in Texas why would it matter to you....
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 03:06 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
There could be many reasons they need to know.

1. They are asking for a friend
2. They are moving to Canada
3. They have dual citizenship
4. They are just curious

It's really none of our business why they asked or where they are located.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2016, 04:11 PM   #6
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I'm in Arkansas where I retired after living my life in Texas and I really don't care if Canadian Kindle owners have ads on their Kindles. But I do find ereaders an interesting topic and I'd like to know.

You don't really have to care to want to know.

Personally I like to think of the ads as an optional subsidy. They'll give me $20 off if I'm willing to let them use my Kindle as a billboard. I'm not so I'm happy to pay full price.

I kind of have to think of it that way because if I thought I was paying $20 protection money to avoid ads I'd be really angry!

Advertising is a major part of the basis of our economy and I'm a strong believer in freedom of speech so even though I think much advertising is immoral I can't honestly complain too much about it. I just have to hate it silently. Well, not all that silently.

I don't spend a lot of time complaining about rats or roaches either. I just avoid them as best I can.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 04:26 PM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
There could be many reasons they need to know.

1. They are asking for a friend
2. They are moving to Canada
3. They have dual citizenship
4. They are just curious

It's really none of our business why they asked or where they are located.

Sent from my Nexus 7
The he should remove the information of where hes at. And since he doesn't own any Kindles or Fires ....
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 04:48 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
At Amazon.com, the listings do say with Special Offers. At Amazon.ca, the Kindles there do not say with Special Offers. So the answer would be no adverts on Kindles purchased from Amazon.ca. I did look at all the eInk Kindles in CA and no special offers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:17 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
The he should remove the information of where hes at. And since he doesn't own any Kindles or Fires ....
If you read his other post you'd see the he is asking for someone who lives in Canada in the "Which one should I buy" forum.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:50 PM   #10
Silverty
Connoisseur
Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
Just go on the website. If you have the choice to buy it with either special offers or not, then yes, they do come with special offers. If you don't have the choice, it means they only sell that particular Kindle without special offers.

It changes from country to country and also from Kindle to Kindle. Here in Italy, for example, you have the choice for the basic Kindle and the Paperwhite, but the Voyage and Oasis are only sold without special offers.
So Canada does not have special offer kindles then because I just checked again... And none of the models give this option.
Silverty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:08 PM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
You are in Texas why would it matter to you....
Because some Texans like to be informed so they can answer the question.
Some Texans are just curious.
And some Texans wonder about why being in Texas would make a question irrelevant?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:30 PM   #12
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

True. Amazon.ca doesn't mention Special Offers. But users from Canada (on this very board) do. And for that matter, on the Amazon.ca page for the Paperwhite 3, there is the question: Does this come with ads aka "special offers"? Is it available without these?

The three answers are: Yes, Maybe and Maybe. So the website doesn't help.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:26 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
True. Amazon.ca doesn't mention Special Offers. But users from Canada (on this very board) do. And for that matter, on the Amazon.ca page for the Paperwhite 3, there is the question: Does this come with ads aka "special offers"? Is it available without these?

The three answers are: Yes, Maybe and Maybe. So the website doesn't help.
If the website doesn't offer the choice of buying with or without special offers, that indicates that it doesn't have special offers. That was also the case in the UK for many years - it's only recently that Amazon have started selling Kindles with SO here.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:17 AM   #14
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post

Which is why my title is what it is.
... You're welcome?

Anyway yes, HarryT is right. It was the same here, but it changed a few years ago.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote