Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-17-2008, 07:28 AM   #1
Spellbot 5000
Connoisseur
Spellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen3
Question New "Deluxe" Cybook Covers?

Has anyone seen these new Deluxe Cybook Covers in person? I was just looking at the Bookeen website again when I noticed they had new covers for sale. They say they're made of real leather this time, and the price certainly reflects it at $74.95, but they've had issues with their descriptions of "leather" before. Five colours this time too; Brown, Camel, Copper, and Red in the deluxe model, and Black in regular, which is assume it just made of imitation leather.

So if anyone has seen them, are they worth it this time?
Spellbot 5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:45 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So what is it these covers actually do to warrant such a high price?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
Spellbot 5000
Connoisseur
Spellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enough

Maybe it's made from Leprechaun Leather.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:49 PM   #4
stxopher
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellbot 5000 View Post
Maybe it's made from Leprechaun Leather.
Can't be. I don't see any green or gold listed under the color choices.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:21 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's not that unreasonable for a nice leather case. I have a "Piel Frama" leather case for my HTC Smartphone which was a similar price.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2008, 04:10 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Being sold in Europe.... !!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:22 AM   #7
Gianfranco
computer scientist
Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Being sold in Europe.... !!
Hehe
Gianfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:35 AM   #8
Spellbot 5000
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's not that unreasonable for a nice leather case. I have a "Piel Frama" leather case for my HTC Smartphone which was a similar price.
Yes, it's completely unreasonable. I can get a decent pair of leather shoes for the same price, which use a lot more leather, and I think I could safely say they would be better tooled and constructed than the case.

That's not to say I wouldn't want one of these cases, but the price is crazy and I wouldn't chance it until some brave soul does so and confirms it's actually true leather.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:27 AM   #9
Gianfranco
computer scientist
Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Gen 3
Can you mail ans ask for a confirmation that it IS indeed 100% pure leather?
That should at least count for some kind of evidence.
Gianfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:06 AM   #10
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Non-leather cover!

Looks like the "Black jacket for the Cybook" is non-leather.

It's listed as PU Leather.
Excellent that Bookeen are supplying an alternative - about to order mine .
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #11
elena
Connoisseur
elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfranco View Post
Can you mail ans ask for a confirmation that it IS indeed 100% pure leather?
That should at least count for some kind of evidence.
mine have a "made of genuine leather" mark impressed on the back of it.
elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:37 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellbot 5000 View Post
Yes, it's completely unreasonable. I can get a decent pair of leather shoes for the same price, which use a lot more leather, and I think I could safely say they would be better tooled and constructed than the case.
Economy of scale, I suspect. My Smartphone case contains a lot LESS leather than the Gen3 case does, and, as I said, was a similar price. Whether such things are "reasonable" or not is down to the individual.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:59 AM   #13
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
I bought one of the new deluxe Cybook Covers. It arrived last Tuesday. When I bought my Cybook back in February I really wanted a black cover. However, I had to settle for the original brown. This time I ordered the Red one. (It's more wine in colour). I'm very pleased with it and think it is worth the money. There are two slight differences to the new design. The logo on the unit is more exposed at the bottom, and there's a tiny hole at the top right hand corner showing the light. It also states on the back of the cover that it's made of genuine leather. The original brown cover was so dull in comparison the red cover lifts the whole Cybook and makes it a totally new reading experience.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:08 PM   #14
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I've had the non-leather one for a few days now, and I'm delighted with it .

I can see the prices do seem a bit high for relatively simple covers. But it should last for years, and it makes reading my CyBook even more pleasurable - so, to me, the cost is well worth it.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:09 PM   #15
Joerg_Mosthaf
Connoisseur
Joerg_Mosthaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2i, iPhone
I bought the dark brown one. Its really great - nice soft leather on the inside, a magnetic closure that works, fits tightly around my CyBook. Just perfect.
It is definitely genuine leather and its really beautiful.
The spine is a bit stiff - hope it gets softer with use.
I really like it
Joerg_Mosthaf is offline   Reply With Quote