Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-14-2015, 02:40 PM   #1
simurq
simurq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simurq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simurq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simurq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simurq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simurq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simurq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simurq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simurq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simurq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simurq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite v1
Question Jailbreak on 5.6.1.1

Hi there,

I'm using the 1st generation Kindle PW and completely new here, so please bear with me...

A real simple question actually - I've recently air updated to v5.6.1.1 and now wonder if it's possible to jailbreak my PW (with the latest firmware) and if yes, how can I do that? I'm coming here from a different forum where I read that it was NOT...

Thanks!

Rustam
simurq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 11:49 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
See our Kindle Developer's Corner subforum, particularly the Kindle Touch/Paperwhite jailbreak thread.

tl;dr -- only if you use a serial port connection, i.e. hardware modding.
If you are still interested there is a sticky with guidance on serial port jailbreaking.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2015, 07:25 PM   #3
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
Irritating, isn't it? The Voyage is the last Kindle I'll ever buy, because of this. Made me so angry I shorted AMZN the other day and made enough in one day to buy about a gross of Kobos, if I wanted. Only needed one, though, so in honor of Jeff Bezos, I hunted one down and bought it.

That made me feel better. So ... thanks Amazon for your hatefulness towards your users. It is inspiring.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:01 AM   #4
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readirect View Post
Irritating, isn't it? The Voyage is the last Kindle I'll ever buy, because of this. Made me so angry I shorted AMZN the other day and made enough in one day to buy about a gross of Kobos, if I wanted. Only needed one, though, so in honor of Jeff Bezos, I hunted one down and bought it.

That made me feel better. So ... thanks Amazon for your hatefulness towards your users. It is inspiring.
I like your style. Don't get mad, get even.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:37 PM   #5
LiquidHg
LiquidHg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
There is a way that you can downgrade your Paper White. Basically, using an official amazon update to downgrade to 5.3.3 and then a jailbreak will work.

This worked for me.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...77#post3157377
LiquidHg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert