Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-31-2015, 01:08 AM   #1
davidwm88
davidwm88 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Need Assistance in Finding a Book

Hello,

I am hoping someone here can help me find a book. I am not looking for a specific book, but rather one that follows a general story.

I need a book that is a love story but one of the two people involved tries to put it off, trying to get rid of there feelings even or ignore them, until they realize they cannot just rid themselves of love and give in to it.

Any book recommendation similar to this story would be greatly appreciated.
davidwm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:36 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I would say since that applies to every married man and woman alive, that finding a book on that topic would be pretty easy to find.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2015, 10:29 AM   #3
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
My favourite author of love stories, Courtney Milan, has written several books where this is part of the conflict. The three books here all have that as part of the plot: http://www.courtneymilan.com/wheretostart.php
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:34 AM   #4
cocopuff
Connoisseur
cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simpletouch Glowlight, Kobo Aura H2O
Maybe check out Nick Sparks? Never read any of his books, but I'd imagine he has a few with a similar plot.
cocopuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:26 PM   #5
davidwm88
davidwm88 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the suggestions, I am looking into them now.

Also, I am looking for another book recommendation. I need something along the lines of a married person who is living their normal lives until someone comes into it and makes them fall in love. They are then faced with a decision to either stay in a marriage they arent 100% happy about or go with this new person. Preferably I would like them to pick the later.

I have tried searching all over the internet for something like this, and I found books like "Ive got your number" but Im looking for more.

Thanks again.
davidwm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2015, 07:53 PM   #6
cocopuff
Connoisseur
cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cocopuff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simpletouch Glowlight, Kobo Aura H2O
Not a book but Lost in Translation is an excellent movie along those lines.
cocopuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:51 AM   #7
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Lucinda Riley's Hothouse Flower is a bit like this. It's well written, but I didn't like one of the main characters so it didn't work so well for me, but that needn't apply to others, of course :-)

Spoiler:
I can believe that a man can leave his beloved because duty demands it. But when he has unprotected sex with her first, and she lives in a culture where illegitimate children are a huge stigma, his selfishness looms a lot higher than his love, to me. So I couldn't believe that he loved her all that much, and thus one of the main love stories didn't work for me.
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:29 AM   #8
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
The classic "Pride and Prejudice" fits your original request, except it is two people (and not one), attempting to deny their love, as wonderfully conveyed by Colin Firth in the BBC adaptation.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:03 AM   #9
majmill7
majmill7 began at the beginning.

Device: Fire 10
Looking for a book written or narrated by a criminal. When I look it up on Kindle I keep getting law books but I am looking for a novel or biography.
majmill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:27 AM   #10
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
@majmill7. Most politicians memoirs fit that description.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:39 AM   #11
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by majmill7 View Post
Looking for a book written or narrated by a criminal. When I look it up on Kindle I keep getting law books but I am looking for a novel or biography.
Willie Sutton, bank robber in the 1930's, wrote a memoir.

Where the Money Was: The Memoirs of a Bank Robber
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:41 AM   #12
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
"Catch Me if You Can" by Frank Abagnale.

Do you want the books to be ABOUT the author's criminal activity, or just written by a criminal, because a lot of authors may have been convicted of one thing or another.

And is there any special reason you hijacked someone else's months-old thread, rather than starting your own?

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 04-01-2016 at 11:44 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:45 AM   #13
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Look under fiction:crime or true crime.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:17 PM   #14
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Papillon by Henri Charrière,

From Wikipedia

Quote:
Charrière's 1970 best-selling book Papillon, which he said was "75 percent true," details his alleged numerous escapes, attempted escapes, adventures and recaptures, from his imprisonment in 1932 to his final escape to Venezuela. The book's title is Charrière's nickname, derived from a butterfly tattoo on his chest (papillon being French for butterfly). Modern researchers, however, believe that Charrière got much of his story material from other inmates, and, thus, see the work as more fictional than autobiographical.
Excellent book, I highly recommend it.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:59 PM   #15
majmill7
majmill7 began at the beginning.

Device: Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
@majmill7. Most politicians memoirs fit that description.
Thank you, all I have to do is read a biography of one of our present presidential candidates, lol.
majmill7 is offline   Reply With Quote