Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
A "Thank You!" thread.

Hello, fellow members of MR
I would like to start a thread. A bit unusual thread, but I hope it will become popular. Here you can say "Thank You!" to any other member of MR forum, for their help, kindness...well, for whatever you may want to thank each other.

I think I should start first
I want to say a BIG "Thank You" to your fellow member 'rcuadro'. As you may see from my profile, I'm from the republic of Belarus. And maybe you know that it's extremely hard to buy ebook reader in my country for a decent price. New sony PRS-505 costs about $560 (well, it's impossible to find brand new one). Robert helped me to buy my first PRS-505 ereader...and my second one after I broke the first one.

And he helped many other people from my country who wanted to buy ebook reader from the USA, and from eBay since no one wanted to sell ebook reader to other countries, USA only. So it was unvaluable help from him to deal with sellers, pay them and then send readers to me and other people.

I'm glad that we know each other and I'm sure that if he EVER will need my help - I'll put all my efforts to do that.

THANKS, ROBERT!
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
What a nice thing to do, BeTePoK.

Karma to you for your thoughtfulness.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Wohoo!
How much money have we spent so far? A couple grand?
Goes to how u that not everyone that lives outside is a thief... They are just like us
Still working on getting your next package ready to ship
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
What a nice thing to do, BeTePoK.

Karma to you for your thoughtfulness.

That's a great idea!!

At the risk of turning this into a general hug fest - I'd like to thank everyone here, regulars, old timers, newbies, etc for making this such a great place. I'd never had gotten my first reader, or been as happy with it, without this site and the input from people on it!!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
Wohoo!
How much money have we spent so far? A couple grand?
Goes to how u that not everyone that lives outside is a thief... They are just like us
Still working on getting your next package ready to ship
According to my stats, $3824
We are not thieves, and I hope wi'll never be. But sometimes it's hard to believe that someone who lives at the other side of our planet, is not going to scam you and just need some help.
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #6
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Very true I hope that eventually we will just be one big ole neighborhood
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:09 PM   #7
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Great idea BeTePok.

I'd like to say a huge to crutledge for all the hundreds of wonderful books he has uploaded - a truly fantastic effort!!
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #8
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Great idea BeTePok.

I'd like to say a huge to crutledge for all the hundreds of wonderful books he has uploaded - a truly fantastic effort!!
OOoo, I'll second that and add in a to Patricia, HarryT, and all the other uploaders. You all have added years to my life and joy to each of those years.

Last edited by NormHart; 09-15-2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: silly english language
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:21 PM   #9
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.

Without Leep I would still be wandering around in in a fog of confusion. Her patience was beyond bounds, and her encouragement was inspiring, which made me keep plugging away.

A Goddess.

Cheers.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post

Without Leep I would still be wandering around in in a fog of confusion. Her patience was beyond bounds, and her encouragement was inspiring, which made me keep plugging away.

A Goddess.

Cheers.
My feeling exactly.

She didn't let me give up even when I was huddled in a ball under the table because I just couldn't understand what I was doing wrong, and command prompt was beyond me, not to mention mobi2mobi. She made me keep trying until I mastered it. That isn't easy, folks, when you are trying to communicate with email, and one of the communicees is bone ignorant. (lest there be any doubt, that would be me)

We've come a long way since then, and she's been there every step.

She's guided me (and countless others I'm sure) thru the maze on converting, and using Calibre. I still remember her excited emails insisting it was something I needed....."who me? I got mobipocket reader, I don't need no stinkin' Calibre!!" Now I wonder what I would ever do without it.

She's been unfailingly polite, and helpful, and I thank you, Leep, from the bottom of my heart.

This is not to take anything away from the many other folk here at mobileread who have given their time and knowlege and patience. Nohmi's post just struck a cord.

Goddess indeed!

Thank you everyone.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #11
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A big to phenomshel for helping me out...

...uh...

...doing something that we're not supposed to talk about on MR!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:43 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Lets talk about "the duck"

Known otherwise as Daffy4u.

One of the first people I met here.....1/3 author of "Kindle Visual Guide" , the other two being Leep and PilotBob. Also, author of "Links Every Kindle Owner Should Have"

Another knowledgeable, generous person, always ready to answer questions and help.

Thanks, Duck.

Last edited by desertgrandma; 09-16-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:13 PM   #13
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
I would like to thank Neil Marr and his generous offer of books from bewrite.net. He has sent me several books, which he thought I might find interesting, from his publishing company. How kind. I hope his publishing house continues to grow.
Thanks and Cheers Neil.
Bill

Last edited by Billjr13; 09-16-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #14
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I'ed like to thank the sweetest, kindest, most helpful person I have ever met in my life, here and in the "real world".
dreams is one of those special people who that makes the world a brighter, friendlier place with her presence. Thanks, dreams!
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:55 AM   #15
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Thanks, Bill, and thanks to all others here who took an interest and dropped a line for ebooks. The offer's open-ended and to anyone here, so don't hesitate to emal me if any BeWrite Books title catches your eye now or in the future. Cheers. Neil

ntmarrATbewrite.net (but use the @ sign, of course)
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote