Notices

Old 12-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
rosshalde
Zealot
rosshalde began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Help with Disappearing Pictures

Hello again,
I just changed out 10 e-books worth of pics in Sigil. No issues.
On the 11th, it let me replace the pics and showed them in preview and book view, but when I saved it, they were gone. They are now listed as if they are there but unreachable.
Also, if, before I save, I Validate, it acts correctly and removes that picture from the list of errors. The problem is happening in the save process itself. I know that Sigil does a code clean up when it saves. So I went into preferences and unchecked the box for clean up code when save. That fixed the whole problem. Any ideas why? This is the one any only book that has presented this trouble. What exactly does Sigil do when you have the box checked to clean code when you save?

Last edited by rosshalde; 12-09-2014 at 05:14 PM. Reason: more information
rosshalde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Clean code has always done (undesired) stuff

I only use use 'Pretty' and have never seen it remove image linkage.

I suspect that when your file name (code) got cleaned, it then violated some other rule and was tossed.

tools: remove unused... can be used in the end to throw out the scraps (unused pieces)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #3
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Did you use the Flight Crew vaidator? If you save without cleanup, there may be errors.

I would also upload it to Epubcheck online. It will find errors that Flight Crew does not (or ignores). Note that Apple runs every e-book through Epubcheck, so if you are selling there, it must pass.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:49 PM   #4
rosshalde
Zealot
rosshalde began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Yes, it was validated with Flight Crew and showed no problems. Whatever happened during the clean up during the save is what caused the issue. I just can't figure out what the difference before and after the save was that caused the issue. It was only the one file out of 40 that had the issue.
rosshalde is offline   Reply With Quote