Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-31-2014, 06:11 AM   #1
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
Exclamation Bookmark and notes failure fw3.2.0

Since I upgraded to firmware 3.2.0 my Aura (non HD) and my aura HD
I am experiencing problems with bookmarks and notes.

If I put a bookmark or write a note on text, I don't find them as like if are not saved correctly.
I have to power off and power on again and then to write the note again or bookmark again to make the device save them correctly.

I had no problem with previous firmware . It happens with both sideloaded and kobo downloaded ebooks.

Is someone experiencing something like this?
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:41 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I made a lot of annotations and bookmarks with 3.2.0 on my Glo with no problems.

When do they disappear? Does the highlighting appear after making them? Are they in the annotations list? Or do they only disappear after powering off and on?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2014, 07:44 AM   #3
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I made a lot of annotations and bookmarks with 3.2.0 on my Glo with no problems.

When do they disappear? Does the highlighting appear after making them? Are they in the annotations list? Or do they only disappear after powering off and on?
they simply does not appear marked after saving.

If they appear marked they are simply there also after reboot.

Today I will try a full wipe of tevices: I will hardware reset them and avoid installing koreader, adv boot or coolreader at all and see if something is different
Old 03-31-2014, 08:20 AM   #4
xping
Connoisseur

Quote:

Nothing good. Hard reset, upgrade via wi-fi
then tryed on different ebook:

Sometime notes are saved (but only if you mark them BEFORE), sometime are not saved.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:37 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What sort of book? Epub or kepub? Sideloaded or not? Do the notes ever appear in the annotation list?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2014, 10:26 AM   #6
xping
Connoisseur

Quote:
What sort of book? Epub or kepub? Sideloaded or not? Do the notes ever appear in the annotation list?
it happens with epub, kepub, sideloaded or downloaded from kobo. Notes never appear in the annotation list.

Sometime if before adding a note, I mark it (with marker tool) and then write the note, it is saved correctly and displayed in annotation list. But in this case in the annotation list there is no evidence of previous marking.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:36 AM   #7
xping
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by xping View Post
it happens with epub, kepub, sideloaded or downloaded from kobo. Notes never appear in the annotation list.

Sometime if before adding a note, I mark it (with marker tool) and then write the note, it is saved correctly and displayed in annotation list. But in this case in the annotation list there is no evidence of previous marking.
no need to solve.
My aura now have a wonderful decored-with-black-strips broken screen.

Tags
#bookmark, #bugs, #fw3.2.0, #notes