Notices

Old 05-17-2017, 05:48 AM   #1
mg10
Connoisseur
mg10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW, Kobo Aura One
Time used by Kobo for replacement?

Hi
After several days with my KA1 and seeing green spots in screen, I consulted kobo support and approved a replacement. The procedure included that I had to send my device before they ship replacement unit. I have confirmation about receiving of my device but proccess is delaying too much for retourning new unit.
Do you know how long the replacements usually take?
mg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:32 PM   #2
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
My experience with an Aura, about 2 years ago, was that the replacement unit arrived in about 5 business days. However, I did not have to send back the defective unit until my new unit arrived.

I don't know if the policies and practices have changed.

Good Luck!
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2017, 11:17 PM   #3
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Kobo received my defective H2O on May 3. They have still not shipped my replacement reader.

You and I seem to be in the same situation...
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:56 AM   #4
mg10
Connoisseur

Finally I received the replacement after two weeks since I sent mine. I'm dissapointed with new one because has a shadow zone in the lower right corner. Another problem with frontlight.
Really, I don't know what to do because don't want to wait two more weeks without the reader...
Old 05-19-2017, 04:41 PM   #5
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg10 View Post
Finally I received the replacement after two weeks since I sent mine. I'm dissapointed with new one because has a shadow zone in the lower right corner. Another problem with frontlight.
Really, I don't know what to do because don't want to wait two more weeks without the reader...
i wouldn't keep it if i wasn't 100% happy with it, i'd try for another replacement even though it is messing about having to wait again or i'd get a refund and buy something better.

good luck with whatever you decide to do.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2017, 08:54 AM   #6
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg10 View Post
I would suggest getting on the phone with them, explaining that this is the second return and that you don't want to send out the defective unit until a good one arrives.

I hope you have better luck. I like my Kobo Aura 6", and I wish the customer service group handled things better. Too many customers comment on stuff like this!
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:43 AM   #7
mg10
Connoisseur

Kobo support has proposed a new replacement in same conditions (send mine previously) and finally I prefere keep current device: i don't want to be two more weeks waiting. Reading several posts in this forum I can see that there is no perfect screen, most of them have any fault or non-homogeneous illumination.