Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
supermaily
supermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Exclamation Flipped screen

It is new Aura HD with firmware 2.8.1 and I am new Kobo user.

My Aura has flipped screen. Please see attached file.

What I did:
- add 4 comics (*.cbr)
- only one file I was able to open. On rest it blinks and shows library.
- because I'm new i was trying view settings and i found that i can flip page (on that working comic).
- I have done 4 flips (90 degrease per each) and I decided to delete not working files (in this step library view was good)
- After first delete reader restarted with flipped screen and reboots over and over again (even in usb mode).

What can I do?
How to restore to factory defaults without screen (i cannot go to settings)?

Sorry for my bad english.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	28092013012.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	386.5 KB
ID:	112303  
supermaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Hold down the light switch and hold the power/slide switch, until the light flashing indicates it is starting the restore routine. (As I remember it.)

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
What Ken said EXCEPT that before you do that you need to hold the power switch in the on position for 10-15 seconds to make sure the device is truly turned off. In this case probably just powering down (so it shows POWERED OFF on the screen) would be sufficient, but doesn't hurt to make sure.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
supermaily
supermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to beholdsupermaily is a marvel to behold

Thanks guys!
I have my aura back

But one more question:
Why Aura doesn't see my microsd card? Must it be special-one?
Old 09-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
You should have taken the card out BEFORE you did the reset. If you did not do this, take it out now and reset again. Then put it back.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Keep us posted how it is working with CBR comics after reset.
While CBR is advertised compatible format for Kobo readers seems I read about problems with CBR format is best solved by converting to Epub format with Calibre. I had my share of epub problems caused by poorly formatted books from outside of main stream sources.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:21 AM   #7
supermaily

For others:
I had to reformat memory card with SDFormater and it works now.

@filmo
None of cbr comics from yesterday don't work now. Reader doesn't see any cbr file. And it can freeze at processing library or boot time.

Finally I have working comics on my Aura:
- Extract cbr file (with 7zip)
- Pack folder with zip algorithm (with 7zip)
- rename zip file to cbz
- upload to reader
Old 09-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #8
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
It looks like Nickel can't handle rar files but can handle zip files. WinRAR will also let you save as .zip.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Nickel works fine with both CBR and CBZ files.

However, at times I know some of the cbr / cbz's found on the net are actually mislabelled; a cbr actually contains a zip, or, a cbz contains a rar.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just to follow up here too. Kobo expects that a cbr is a RAR internally, and a cbz is a ZIP internally.

If a cbr is actiually a ZIP or a cbz a RAR it will not be processed.

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...43&postcount=4
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote