Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Question about SO's and returning a Paperwhite at Best Buy

If you buy a Paperwhite at Best Buy that has special offers, pay the 20.00 to remove them, and then decide to return your Paperwhite to Best Buy, how would you be reimbursed for the $20.00 you spent to remove the offers? Would you then have to return it to Amazon?

Last edited by sparklemotion; 10-20-2012 at 04:17 PM.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
I don't know if you can get a refund from Amazon, but I doubt you can get the refund from Best Buy. You can't return the pw to Amazon if you bought it from BB
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks techiegirl. For some reason I thought I could still return it to Amazon even if I bought it at Best Buy. I guess the best thing to do would be to only remove the SO's if I'm certain I'm keeping it then. I wish Best Buy had the ones without SO's.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I guess the best thing to do would be to only remove the SO's if I'm certain I'm keeping it then. I wish Best Buy had the ones without SO's.
That's what hubby suggested I do. I paid $20 to get rid of the SO on the one I bought from Amazon. I hope Amazon credits me back.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
That's what hubby suggested I do. I paid $20 to get rid of the SO on the one I bought from Amazon. I hope Amazon credits me back.
I think they will. They'll likely consider it one without SO's on return since you removed them and credit it accordingly. Hopefully at least.

Does anyone on here know for sure?

I do know when I removed them on my original one, the replacement they sent me was automatically one without special offers.
Advert
Old 10-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
I paid $20 to get rid of the SO on my original PW. The replacement I received was a non-SO. I returned it and did not get a refund for the $20. I guess I need to contact customer service.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
techiegirl
Groupie

I spent the past 20 minutes on Amazon chat and was able to get my $20 refund.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #8
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Glad you got the refund. Did they give you a hard time about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlemom1 View Post
I paid $20 to get rid of the SO on my original PW. The replacement I received was a non-SO. I returned it and did not get a refund for the $20. I guess I need to contact customer service.
I guess they probably refund you what you paid initially for your original order then. I'm sure if you called and complained you could get it as techie girl did though. Good luck.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #9
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
I did the chat with Amazon this morning and got the refund. It normally is non-refundable, but they made an exception. Techiegirl, thanks for letting us know you got the refund.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote