Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-25-2011, 03:47 AM   #1
oceanicblack
oceanicblack began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Calibre Not Sending Some Metadata

I'm using Android 2.3.3, Aldiko and Calibre. I can edit most metadata fields through Aldiko, but when it comes to a couple, I cannot. After contacting Aldiko, they directed me to Calibre but I'm still having issues. When I edit the published date and comments section to write a brief description, the fields don't push to Aldiko but all the others do. How do I fix this?
oceanicblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanicblack View Post
I'm using Android 2.3.3, Aldiko and Calibre. I can edit most metadata fields through Aldiko, but when it comes to a couple, I cannot. After contacting Aldiko, they directed me to Calibre but I'm still having issues. When I edit the published date and comments section to write a brief description, the fields don't push to Aldiko but all the others do. How do I fix this?
You don't say what format you're using. I'll assume it's ePub.

Metadata will not be inserted into the ePub until you do one of the following.
  • Use the Save to disk feature to export the book from calibre.
  • Use the Send to device to export the book from calibre.
  • Use the Connect to folder feature to export the book from calibre.
  • Use the Content server to export the book from calibre.
The above 4 methods will insert the metadata into the book as the book leaves the confines of the calibre environment. The below 2 methods will update the book inside the calibre file structure.
  • Use the modify ePub plugin to update the metadata in the book.
  • Convert the file, epub to epub would work.
If you use calibre it is hard not to get the metadata to update, but if you don't use one of the above methods and just drag and drop the book from the folder using a file manager then all of the pretty metadata in the library view never gets the chance to be embedded in the book.

Good Luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-25-2011 at 06:27 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
oceanicblack
oceanicblack began at the beginning.

Device: Android
I'm sorry, it's PDF format.
oceanicblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:10 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
PDF does not support most metadata.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #5
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen
Hi,

I take this thread as I have a similar problem. I have a kindle 4 NT and Calibre 8.52

I have several pdf 6 " converted from .doc, when i send to kindle via usb ... some appear with title and author and others only the title without an author.

All the books are made with adobe distiller...i cant see any difference but kindle show me the title and author only in some of them.

Any idea ¿?

thanks
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert