Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 05:33 AM   #1
felinus
felinus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Folded Images

I am finding calibre a great tool for making books for my Kindle 4, however one problem I am finding is that when converting rtf documents the images are sometimes folded horizontally. Has anyone else experienced this and has anyone any advice on how to fix it.
Many thanks for any help.https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliesadd1/help.gif
felinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure you are running the latest calibre relase 0.8.43
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2012, 06:42 AM   #3
felinus

Super ! I downloaded the latest version and hey presto it's done a perfect job.
Many thanks for your rapid reply and many thanks for a super program.
All the best
Felinus
Old 03-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by felinus View Post
I am finding calibre a great tool for making books for my Kindle 4, however one problem I am finding is that when converting rtf documents the images are sometimes folded horizontally. Has anyone else experienced this and has anyone any advice on how to fix it.
Many thanks for any help.https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliesadd1/help.gif
Hi, felinus, and welcome to MobileRead.

I'll let those more knowledgeable answer your Calibre questions, but I can offer one tidbit of help with MobileRead posting. When you want to insert one of our smilies into a post, click on the smiley. Drag and drop doesn't work here.

A click on the icon produces:

Drag and drop produces: https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliesadd1/help.gif
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:48 AM   #5
felinus

Thanks WT I will bear that in mind.
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 04:20 AM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Glad to help!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote