Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Confused Nook Touch Newbie

Couple of questions:

What does STR, as in Nook STR, stand for? Simple touch rooted?

If the folder that holds the downloaded ebooks is hidden and they can't deleted from the Nook, how are they removed?

Can I download a DRMd ebook from B&N to my PC and transfer via USB to the nook and read it? How? To sd card? To what folder?

Anybody know where to go to download a PDF User's Guide?

Thanks in advance - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Hello, I'm a newbie with the Nook Touch too, but hopefully I can help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Couple of questions:

What does STR, as in Nook STR, stand for? Simple touch rooted?

If the folder that holds the downloaded ebooks is hidden and they can't deleted from the Nook, how are they removed?

Can I download a DRMd ebook from B&N to my PC and transfer via USB to the nook and read it? How? To sd card? To what folder?

Anybody know where to go to download a PDF User's Guide?

Thanks in advance - John
Simple Touch Reader. It's on the front of the box the Nook comes in.

By logging into barnesandnoble.com and deleting it from your Nook library. Then syncing the Nook wirelessly.

Using the Nook desktop app. But it's easier to just use the sync button and download it via wifi.

Google is good for this type of thing: http://img1.imagesbn.com/PImages/noo...OOK_110601.pdf
It's also pre-loaded on the Nook Touch.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecweston View Post
Hello, I'm a newbie with the Nook Touch too, but hopefully I can help you out.

Simple Touch Reader. It's on the front of the box the Nook comes in.
I guess I should have waited until I got mine.

By logging into barnesandnoble.com and deleting it from your Nook library. Then syncing the Nook wirelessly.
Go to B&N web site and archive the book (remove from library) then sync the Nook. This will delette the ebook from memory. Do I have this right?

Using the Nook desktop app. But it's easier to just use the sync button and download it via wifi.
Makes sense.

Google is good for this type of thing: http://img1.imagesbn.com/PImages/noo...OOK_110601.pdf
It's also pre-loaded on the Nook Touch.
I had Googled the User Guide and found the Quick Start Guide. Unfortunately I didn't read it. I went to the link you supplied, read it and found the Nook Support URL where I finally found the User Guide. Here it is.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/support/

Thanks and Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote